Help with a heater wiring problem

Teddybear

Ok, I just bought my wife a 2000 TJ, and the heater doesnt work. NOTHING works with the heater.

This is what i have found so far. I have NO power to either side of the fuse in the box labeled Heater Blower. Add power to it and still nothing.(those wires are Black/White strip and Blue/Red Strip)

The ONLY power i have is located on the Red/Green wire plugged into the heater relay. If i cross this power/wire to the solid Green wire that goes to the blower motor from the relay. the Blower does come on. I have changed the Relay with a new one, and it did nothing.

What color wire on the dash control can i jump power to to see if i can get it to work?

I would really appreciate some advice on this, and REALLY wish i could find a wire diagram (with the wires colored coded) for my wifes TJ.

This schematic for your 2000 TJ should help Teddybear...

Heater circuit.JPG

Thanks, so by the looks of this, I need to supply power to the Orange wire to see if things work. Correct?

Do you have power on the dark green wire leading out of the relay when the ignition and fan switch are both on? The only orange wire I see provides power to the blend door motor which is not the fan motor so I wouldn't bother giving 12v to it.

So you have no power on either side of Fuse 8 in the top-left corner of the above diagram?