Teraflex Dana 30 Differential Cover Issue... 2006 TJ Sport

Oberst Oswald

Supporting Member
Just a "heads up" in case anybody decides to order a cover.

I've ordered a cover part #3990630 for TJ https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71tg4foWeoL._AC_UL348_SR348,348_.jpg from Amazon. Got the part... correct part # on box but inside this... part #3990731 for JL https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/611aP6jDDjL._AC_UL348_SR348,348_.jpg Somehow wrong product got placed in the box. Honest mistake right? They sent another... same thing! Wrote on my return that there is a problem with the wrong diff (JL) cover #3990731 in the TJ box #3990630. Canceled order, returned and now waiting for my money to be returned. Must be an Amazon problem.

Since I have a Dana 44 Teraflex cover on the rear I want a Dana 30 Teraflex cover on the front. I'll try another company... decided to order from Quadratec. Box came about an hour ago. Exactly the same dam thing. So Monday I'll call, hopefully I get to talk to a real person instead of a robot, and try to straighten this out for the benefit of the Jeep community. My best guess is somebody at Teraflex had a run of putting the wrong part in the TJ boxes. The horror...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyd
Kimberly at Quadratec has been in contact with Teraflex and the now "old" cover is no longer available. Both Amazon & Quadratec had the picture of the old cover but the "new" cover was in the box. So the new cover fits the Dana 30 which I now have installed on my Jeep. Apparently Teraflex did not let the mail order stores know that they changed the product. Quadratec has now changed the picture and now says it fits the TJ. Amazon still has the old picture and not updated. I returned 3 covers because some incompetent boob at Teraflex decided that was not necessary to let anybody know that the product has been replaced.

Old Dana diff cover.jpg
New Dana 30 diff cover.jpg

Reactions: macleanflood