Washington 2006 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon (LJ) - $29,000 obo

HarveyCollins

Supporting Member
Price
I’m selling my Stone White 2006 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon (LJ) with 6-speed manual, Rock-Trac NV2410R 4:1 Low Range transfer case, factory hardtop, khaki interior, upgraded factory option 7-speaker stereo system, and dealer installed Mopar tow hitch.

Also included is a NEW (still in the shipping box) Gobi Ranger rack system (Gobi Part #GJTJUR) with a driver’s side ladder and roof cross-bars as well. [Rack is for sale separately as well.]

No major issues, no death wobble, and is in excellent shape, particularly for an 18 year old vehicle. No accidents, clean title in-hand.

Vehicle is driven intermittently so mileage is subject to change, and has approximately 102,000 miles as of listing. Adult driven, never abused, only some light off-roading/forest roads. These Jeeps are rare to begin with and even more difficult to find in stock condition with most people accessorizing Jeeps so often. For the 2006 year there were only 7,094 Unlimited Rubicon, of those only 912 white, and only 3,383 had a manual transmission!

The Jeep was ordered with a soft top (now gone) and a previous owner added the Jeep hardtop. I have a custom made wiring pigtail for it that uses the factory connectors if the new owner cared to get the wiper and defroster going. The hardtop has a small bit of paint cracking at the left rear corner. The driver’s door also has some minor paint damage from bird dropping that was not cleaned off before a previous owner prevented damage to the paint.

I’m selling due to an injury that has landed me in a wheelchair. The LJ is too hard for me to get my chair in and out of. I had big big plans (as you can see from the parts and maintenance lists included with this listing) to keep this one for a long time but, sadly, it must find a new home now thanks to my injuries. (NOTE: The rear seat, seatbelts, and floor hardware are out to accommodate my wheelchair; new owner can reinstall in 30 mins., easily).

I will include maintenance documentation from previous owners and me, as well as the original factory sales brochure, VHS safety video and several delivery books from the original owner. You’ll find the Jeep has had regular and appropriate maintenance using only high quality components and lubricants.

Issues:

· A slight rear main seal leak, as is so often the case with the 4.0 motor, but a Fel-Pro RMS kit is included with the sale should the new owner want to install.
· The windshield washer fluid pump will not run. I purchased a new wiper control stalk for the steering column as part of the troubleshooting, and it will be included with the sale for the new owner to install. (Along with a new turn signal/cruise control/headlight stalk.)
· Intermittently the differential locker instrument cluster lights flash in error while engaged. After exhaustive troubleshooting and a lucky moment, the issue turned out to be the ignition switch actuator pin assembly on the steering column. The ignition key normally presses in the actuator pin telling the instrument cluster/PCM the key is present, but wear has apparently allowed the (plastic) pin to shorten and the key does not always press firmly enough to keep the circuit active.) All required replacement parts are included for the new owner. Rest assured, the locker pumps all run fine, achieve proper pressure without issue, the system does not leak, and the lockers do fully engage. The Jeep is an absolute mountain goat!

Recent work in the last seven months includes:

· Full paint clay, polish, and Adam’s Ceramic paint coating (hardtop too!)
· Valve cover gasket and grommets
· PCV grommet
· Front upper control arms (Moog)
· Front lower control arms (Moog)
· Front track bar (Moog)
· BFG KO2 tires as of December 2023
· Alignment
· Bosch Icon wipers
· A clear IR window film from 3M professionally applied to block heat while allowing light in at the doors.
· New seal at the tailgate, and both seals for hardtop liftgate glass (Mopar & Crown)
· Savvy Offroad 241 Transfer Case Cable Shifter Kit (very nice quality, see photos)
· Custom 3D printed PETG cabin air filter, cowl mount installation with Bosch cabin air filter
· All Upstream & Downstream O2 sensors (NGK/NTK)
· Fresh oil & filter change (Amsoil)
· New engine air filter
· New cabin air filter (in 3D printed mount within cowl!)
· Reconditioned/recertified rear differential locker air pump
· Please refer to the maintenance documentation for further details regarding history.

New parts on-hand to transfer to new owner (included in the price) [Excel spreadsheet available with part numbers upon request]:
· Near-perfect complete set of Mopar factory service manuals
· Chilton Repair Manual
· Haynes Repair Manual
· Nearly every component of the cooling system, new in box/bag, from Mopar! The Jeep is not having any problems but I gathered all of the parts for a refresh. I’m aggressive about maintenance:
o As many know, factory radiators are all but gone from shelves now, BUT, yes, this does include a Mopar radiator! It is P/N 55037653AB, a 2001-2004 automatic version from WeRMopar. Except for the auto trans cooler fittings, is otherwise the same spec as the original radiator – and I have nice brass hardware to close the auto-transmission cooler’s unused openings.
o Water pump assembly and gasket
o Thermostat and gasket
o Upper radiator hose and clamps
o Lower radiator hose and clamps
o Radiator cap
o Coolant recovery bottle
o Water pump heater return hose
o Heater core supply hose
o Heater core return hose, etc.

· Coolant concentrate
· Engine serpentine belt
· Engine coolant temperature sensor (NTK)
· Engine Camshaft position sensor (NTK)
· Spare relays for multiple systems including differential lockers
· Crown Automotive 53010624AC Oil Pump Drive Assembly (no problems, just being aggressive about maintenance planning)
· JeepWires.com headlight wiring harness upgrade kit (Hella E-Codes would make great upgraded headlights without losing the classic looks when switching to LED).
· Light assembly for underhood (Mopar)
· Spare dash clips for center console (Mopar)
· Upper steering column cover (Mopar)
· Combination switch (headlights, fog, turn signals) (WVE)
· Wiper control arm switch (Standard Motor Prod.)
· Spare Jeep logo key (Mopar, several blanks)
· Ignition tumbler (Mopar)
· Ignition switch (Mopar)
· Ignition switch actuator pin assembly (Dorman, NLA from Mopar)
· Spare push-rivets for tailgate seals
· Tailgate latching mechanism weather seal (Mopar)
· X2 spare 3D printed PETG cabin air filter installation kits with fasteners
· Crankcase vent to manifold tube (Mopar)
· Oil pan gasket set (Fel-Pro)
· RMS kit (Fel-Pro)
· Transmission cross member mount (Crown, rubber)
· Exhaust bolt nuts (Mopar)
· Exhaust isolator (Mopar)
· Exhaust bushing (Mopar)
· Hardtop wiring harness pigtail with OEM connector (Jeep was not built with hardtop option)
· O2 sensor extension cables (Michigan Motorsports)
· 3D printed switch console for dash center console (holds 11 Carling style switches)
· Front seat slider support bushings (for the day when the seats become a bit wobbly)
· Big Sky Car Covers UVS100 Windshield Sun Shield – Custom made for Jeep windshield!
Used spare parts on hand to transfer to the new owner (included in the price):
· Unobtainable locker air pumps! (x2)
· Windshield pillar and overhead trim pieces
· Passenger grab handle
· HVAC vents
· Speaker grill covers
· Tailgate latching mechanism trim cover
· Bag of miscellaneous hardtop fastening hardware

Overall too much to list, but there is more that will be included with the sale. Serious buyers are welcome to come check everything out in person and take a test drive with me.

IMG_7916.JPG

IMG_7908.JPG

IMG_7909.JPG

IMG_7910.JPG

IMG_7911.JPG

IMG_7912.JPG

IMG_7913.JPG

IMG_7914.JPG

IMG_7915.JPG

IMG_7917.JPG

IMG_7918.JPG

IMG_7919.JPG

IMG_7920.JPG

IMG_7921.JPG

Dash.jpg

IMG_8069.JPG

Rear seat.jpg

Rear Int - seat down.jpg

Rear Int - Seat up.jpg

Access.jpeg

Visual; Included Extras 2.jpeg

Exterior Detail; Cowl Cabin Air Filter Housing.jpeg

Exterior Detail; Dealer Installed Mopar Hitch Electrical.jpeg

Exterior Detail; Driver's Door Paint Damage Close 1.jpeg

Undercarriage, Drivetrain; Transfercase, Novak Kit 1.jpeg

Attachments

• 2006 LJ; FCA Build Sheet Results.pdf
    5.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2006 Jeep Wrangler Maintenance Sheet.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: andyj and PNW_LJ
Updated photos and ad info to include Gobi Ranger roof rack system, mileage correction.