Well I should have taken some pictures seeing as I walked about half the trail. I was really focused on making sure Debbie had good lines to work through, keeping my feet dry and not falling on my ass. I succeeded in two out of the three of those objectives. She had a great day of driving, my...
Well some of us are!!
I know @Beestinger , @Farmergreg and @JHammett have confirmed.
I spent the last two nights rebuilding my winch to be ready…
I think Jamison has issues and needs to regroup.
But yep it’s on ,,like donkey Kong.
How about..... on Sycamore Creek Road just west of the hwy 87 ? The staging area is a mile up the road but it might be easier if we group right off the highway.
Try to be there around 8:00 am. It is a long drive for some so we will be flexible. If for some reason you cant show up please text...
I would say that we should meet on Sycamore Creek Road just off the HWY 87. It says just past mile post 222. Between 8:00 - 8:30 am.
It has been 4 -5 years since I have done the trail so any research or mapping would be helpful. Not sure how much water we are going to run in to but if it is too...
I would really like to do it this Saturday or the following Saturday.
The question is what day can we get more people to attend?
@Farmergreg , @RINC , @Jamison C , @Beestinger , @Bob in Texas , @DaveC.
Anyone else want to run?
I am still a maybe. I would like to get out but have a few things I need to get done before I commit.
I will still hold on to a plan b it the river is high (it is a 4' this morning). Crap shoot or new river canyon maybe.
Maybe, that monitoring station is just upstream from the normal trail crossing. I know there is another crossing further upstream but I have never used it. I just know that river flows pretty heavy for a couple days after a big storm. May be no problem..
I might be available. Transmission is back together. Probably be some deep water in the canyons and washes but the river crossing if definitely going to be sketchy. A back up trail idea may be prudent. It's flowing over 3 feet right now and rising. Expected to crest 4 feet or more...
So the solenoid failed to engage with direct voltage. In drive with foot on the brake, direct power to the solenoid and no drop in rpm. It should try to stall or at least stumble.
Looks like I am dropping the pan and valve body as soon as the part arrives.
The big question is, do I take it to...
That’s the way I see it. I checked the wiring for continuity and it passed. I have a bypass rigged I will test tomorrow to see if I can manually connect it. If it will not engage I will replace the solenoid, but that means dropping the valve body and that is not an afternoon party I want to...
No , as far as I can diagnose, the torque converter is just not locking up at cruise causing a P 0743 code. It is probably the solenoid. I have one mOre test before I drop the he valve body to replace the solenoid. I will try to manually activate the solenoid while driving. All of the wiring...
Yep , tore the other side off last year. I guess it was a matter of time.
I will do some cleAn up and welding this weekend.
Also have a cel for the transmission.
Spent a couple hours today chasing wires for voltage, ohms and continuity. I think I am down to the PCM or failed solenoid.
Yah, well I try try to keep an eye on my equipment. I have an aversion to being “that guy” on the trail. I will get it and that pesky “torque converter warning light” fixed before I go too far from the farm.