’97 4 cylinder problems with starting and power

Kevin6968

i bought a ‘97 4 cylinder automatic(not the best i know) with only 23,000 miles and after a little bit of tinkering with electronics and a lot of engine flushes, since the previous owner changed the oil once and had the same gas in it for many years, it runs with only one problem. It takes at least 2 tries to start up and whenever you drive past half throttle the car loses a lot of power. I’ve determined it to be either a fuel pump or fuel line issue but im not sure if i should just switch the pump or continue flushing out the system in case there a blocked line somewhere, or maybe im wrong entirely and its something else.

i bought a ‘97 4 cylinder automatic(not the best i know) with only 23,000 miles and after a little bit of tinkering with electronics and a lot of engine flushes, since the previous owner changed the oil once and had the same gas in it for many years, it runs with only one problem. It takes at least 2 tries to start up and whenever you drive past half throttle the car loses a lot of power. I’ve determined it to be either a fuel pump or fuel line issue but im not sure if i should just switch the pump or continue flushing out the system in case there a blocked line somewhere, or maybe im wrong entirely and its something else.
You have a 2.5 SE auto which is what I have. Wow that's really low miles which is great but it also means that tj did a lot of sitting over the years.
I think you have it diagnosed. Fuel sitting around in fuel lines can leave a residue and mess up gas lines and more.
Rather than diagnosing this or that part if that were my tj I would replace the fuel lines and anything else fuel related where standing fuel over time has clogged things up.