“Thought it was done” build / blog

Installed the new steering box today. Stuck at home for a few days, wife has covid. In 27 years I have never seen her in bed all day. Time to go over the Jeep after the rubicon trip. Need to replace my rancho adjusters on the back shocks tomorrow since I left them pointing out and they got wiped out on the rocks. So I will turn them around tomorrow.
Noticed I still had the occasional clunking noise when turning. Quick steering test revealed a jam nut on the track bar wasn’t tight enough. Yay. I like easy fixes. Lol.

Last edited:
Well I finished my cooling system overhaul. New radiator and thermostat yielded 20 degree cooler operating temps. Needle now sits just below the 210 mark, where it should. I suspect this is mostly due to the thermostat change. It had a mopar stat. Which no telling how old that was since I don’t think they are a common replacement, most folks use a store brand.

No Jeep for the next week. We are in Trinidad on the NorCal coast. Had some fresh crab and a New York steak for dinner. Hope to catch a few more today.

0A89F45A-8497-4FC6-9321-0082333B09DA.jpeg

Well I finished my cooling system overhaul. New radiator and thermostat yielded 20 degree cooler operating temps. Needle now sits just below the 210 mark, where it should. I suspect this is mostly due to the thermostat change. It had a mopar stat. Which no telling how old that was since I don’t think they are a common replacement, most folks use a store brand.

No Jeep for the next week. We are in Trinidad on the NorCal coast. Had some fresh crab and a New York steak for dinner. Hope to catch a few more today.

View attachment 337626

Nice. Having grown up on Chesapeake Bay, I really miss fresh seafood.