0 for 5

JKU drivers rarely ever wave to me unless it's a modded JKU. I get most waves from TJ and YJ drivers I feel like.

I started a thread on this a while ago. if I see a jku that is stock, I'm not waving. if I see a jl at all, I don't even bother. if it's a cj, yj, or tj, my feelings are hurt if I don't get a wave

Got something even worse on Sunday afternoon (the weekend we had the big Jeep Fest). I was cruising into a wealthy suburb to go play in a 40's soccer league. A newer military green (or whatever color it is called) JK was coming towards me. Had slightly bigger than factory tires and looked pretty nice and clean. I waved and the punk teenager driving his Mom's ride with is buddies gave me the double middle finger instead of waving back. I should of turned around and kicked all their asses, LOL.

Here in Toledo the wave is abut 65/35 (65% wave overall). But, only about 50% of JK's wave back and only 20% of them will wave first. I drive 10 miles to work every day and average about 4 wave backs every day, not too shabby!

Reactions: Starrs
Got something even worse on Sunday afternoon (the weekend we had the big Jeep Fest). I was cruising into a wealthy suburb to go play in a 40's soccer league. A newer military green (or whatever color it is called) JK was coming towards me. Had slightly bigger than factory tires and looked pretty nice and clean. I waved and the punk teenager driving his Mom's ride with is buddies gave me the double middle finger instead of waving back. I should of turned around and kicked all their asses, LOL.

Here in Toledo the wave is abut 65/35 (65% wave overall). But, only about 50% of JK's wave back and only 20% of them will wave first. I drive 10 miles to work every day and average about 4 wave backs every day, not too shabby!
Hahahaha the ole double number 1 huh. Damn and it had to be some punk kids lol. You should have tailed them and made them shit their pants. That’s hillarious

Reactions: mots
Hahahaha the ole double number 1 huh. Damn and it had to be some punk kids lol. You should have tailed them and made them shit their pants. That’s hillarious

I'm pretty even-keeled most of the time, but you are right, I should have done the turn around! Even just for a second they would have shit themselves, hahaha!

Reactions: Starrs

Little bastards are always brave when they're in a vehicle on on the computer. They would never do that to your face.

I've got to give Coweta County GA credit, I bet I get a wave 75% of the time. Even most of the JKs wave down here. But there's a lady driving a really nice TJ on 35's, with seats with 5 point harnesses, that doesn't wave.

In North Alabama , It varies .

Most young bucks love a lifted Rubicon , drool all over it .

Girls give a lot of compliments.

I even got a " hey man , cool jeep!" On the 4th of July by a young man in a JKU . Nice manners and good eye son.

You know , it's cool to have a vehicle so unique that most everyone who drives one is in the know.

They don't have a "Accord Wave" or a "Camry Clap" or anything .

The kids giving you the fingers ...down here they would have a drug problem , they would be drug out of the jku and get an unlimited butt whooping .

Reactions: mots and JMT
I started a thread on this a while ago. if I see a jku that is stock, I'm not waving. if I see a jl at all, I don't even bother. if it's a cj, yj, or tj, my feelings are hurt if I don't get a wave
This is how it is here. I'm yet to have a JL wave back to me. Almost every JL driver I've seen has been an older lady for whatever that's worth. JKs wave back about half the time and then yes it's usually only the ones with mods.

If people would just wave they’d be cooler and the world would be a funner place. Most wave back at me, but they have to bc my Jeep looks so bad ass they like the acknowledgement.:D

Kudos on playing soccer. I played through college. I knew something was right about you when I read your comments in the TV/News thread.

Reactions: Hawkeye and mots
This is how it is here. I'm yet to have a JL wave back to me. Almost every JL driver I've seen has been an older lady for whatever that's worth. JKs wave back about half the time and then yes it's usually only the ones with mods.
The jl is such a small percentage Jeep and such a large percentage stylish suv that it's only expected to not be bought by only enthusiasts. still tho, it sucks that the drivers don't even realize the culture they are missing out on by not getting involved in the Jeep community

Reactions: Hawkeye
If people would just wave they’d be cooler and the world would be a funner place. Most wave back at me, but they have to bc my Jeep looks so bad ass they like the acknowledgement.:D

Kudos on playing soccer. I played through college. I knew something was right about you when I read your comments in the TV/News thread.

Thanks JMT, I appreciate that! I enjoyed your comments in that thread as well. Soccer has become a way of life for our family. My son has played travel soccer for years and is just starting HS. I play on two teams, a 40’s and 30’s team, and have done some travel team coaching for my son’s team up until this past Spring. I should have played in college and have regretted my decision not to ever since. Oh well, I guess am making up for it now! My wife has also become a fanatic and we watch the English Premier League, Champions League, and some La Liga whenever we can (Liverpool fans here). Do you root for any teams?

Back on the “wave” topic. Today I didn’t see any Jeeps to wave at on my way home from work until I was 2 miles from home. Then on that last stretch on the same road, I saw 5 Wranglers and got 4/5 waves! 3 were TJ’s and one was a woman in a purple one. The last guy that didn’t wave had a slightly modified TJ...maybe he was just having a bad day or was zoning out, LOL.

Thanks JMT, I appreciate that! I enjoyed your comments in that thread as well. Soccer has become a way of life for our family. My son has played travel soccer for years and is just starting HS. I play on two teams, a 40’s and 30’s team, and have done some travel team coaching for my son’s team up until this past Spring. I should have played in college and have regretted my decision not to ever since. Oh well, I guess am making up for it now! My wife has also become a fanatic and we watch the English Premier League, Champions League, and some La Liga whenever we can (Liverpool fans here). Do you root for any teams?

Back on the “wave” topic. Today I didn’t see any Jeeps to wave at on my way home from work until I was 2 miles from home. Then on that last stretch on the same road, I saw 5 Wranglers and got 4/5 waves! 3 were TJ’s and one was a woman in a purple one. The last guy that didn’t wave had a slightly modified TJ...maybe he was just having a bad day or was zoning out, LOL.
I’m still a player at heart! My body still looks like a soccer players body. LOL. I’m 44 now and my twin sons are into racing MTB, so I don’t get to move the ball much anymore. When I do I still think I’m Maradona, but I’m not! I would love to be into watching the English Premier League or a South American League. I’m just too darn busy!

I remember everyone giving each other the peace sign as a kid in upstate NY while driving around with my parents. I also remember getting big rigs to lay on the horn from the back seat and making my parents crap themselves and then getting whooped.. but I kept doing it because it was hilarious.