02 TJ 5-Speed Bucking When Getting into First Gear

Well I was teaching my nephew to drive a a stick for the last several days. Holy crap! He was able to get the Jeep bucking like I've NEVER heard of before. It felt like the whole vehicle was jumping up off the ground and slamming back down! No idea how he did it. He claims he did exactly the same as always. Whole new concept of this issue.😱

Reactions: KCNoDots
Well I was teaching my nephew to drive a a stick for the last several days. Holy crap! He was able to get the Jeep bucking like I've NEVER heard of before. It felt like the whole vehicle was jumping up off the ground and slamming back down! No idea how he did it. He claims he did exactly the same as always. Whole new concept of this issue.😱
That is how my bucking felt when it would do it. It seemed to always happen with the clutch was being used repeatedly and often, (long drive thru when its hot out, or tricky part of a trail where I was constantly on and off the clutch.

Reactions: ranger101
Perhaps the hyd clutch got some air bubbles? The gas pedal not responding correctly? Dont know. But I do have a whole new appreciation for it. Like death wobble ar 1 mph!

Reactions: KCNoDots