02 Turbo TJ Rubican't

20200229_120116.jpg
20200229_125556.jpg

I just had to relocate my sensors.
Post turbo was not a good location.

He put In a base tune for the 2 bar Map and the higher pressure fuel injectors. I’m still struggling with reinstalling the ac chiller and the radiator since I had them modified to fit around the inter cooler...

Where did u relocate to? I have the air /fuel. Sensor post turbo and the OEM post Cat...
The second picture shows them post manifold. I found that the heat didn't get high enough post turbo, and if the turbo leaks oil at all, it messes up the sensors.

Screenshot_20200221-150220_Office Mobile.jpg

This injector data is extremely important to tuning. I hope your tuner has this data.. it's the ground floor to tuning bigger injectors.
Plus ford and GM use 43psi (3bar) fuel pumps and Jeep uses 58 (4bar) which push more fuel through the injector.

Reactions: Kevlarr
The second picture shows them post manifold. I found that the heat didn't get high enough post turbo, and if the turbo leaks oil at all, it messes up the sensors.
I should have clearified I put the 2 that were at the manifold where you put yours. I put the 2 that were post cat from factory post cat again. The air fuel mix sensor went post turbo 10-12” from Turbo downpipe as the instructions required. You should not have three in that location. You won’t get the correct readings...

I should have clearified I put the 2 that were at the manifold where you put yours. I put the 2 that were post cat from factory post cat again. The air fuel mix sensor went post turbo 10-12” from Turbo downpipe as the instructions required. You should not have three in that location. You won’t get the correct readings...
When you say air fuel mix sensor, do you mean the Wideband?

I can still move sensors around because I have plugs inserted in the bungs.
At the moment I'm tuning with a tuners, and both o2 sensors are off to force open loop. So I have the WB close to the engine.
I also had an issue with the second bank o2 contradicting the first, so im not sure if the second o2 will ever be used. At stock each sensor reads 3 cylinders, but now each sensor is reading all cylinders.

Why do you think that 3 in that spot won't work?

I can still move sensors around because I have plugs inserted in the bungs.
At the moment I'm tuning with a tuners, and both o2 sensors are off to force open loop. So I have the WB close to the engine.
I also had an issue with the second bank o2 contradicting the first, so im not sure if the second o2 will ever be used. At stock each sensor reads 3 cylinders, but now each sensor is reading all cylinders.

Why do you think that 3 in that spot won't work?
My 2002 has two sensors precat and two post cat. This is also the way Banks does it to stay smog compliant. Then there is the added wide band inserted 10-12” from turbo in downpipe. So there should only be two at your exhaust manifold before cat. . The two post cat can be tuned out if you don’t care about smog. I was told to place them post cat even though my cat is far downstream from my turbo . The computer needs to get a reading and the reading from those two sensors needs to be clean. So that far downstream after Cat should be enough to satisfy the computer. My Cats were in perfect condition when I relocated one of them after turbo in downpipe... Those were the instructions given to me. I will post up the results as soon as I get all the components back together. It won’t be in the next couple of days there is a lot to do still.

My 2002 has two sensors precat and two post cat. This is also the way Banks does it to stay smog compliant. Then there is the added wide band inserted 10-12” from turbo in downpipe. So there should only be two at your exhaust manifold before cat. . The two post cat can be tuned out if you don’t care about smog. I was told to place them post cat even though my cat is far downstream from my turbo . The computer needs to get a reading and the reading from those two sensors needs to be clean. So that far downstream after Cat should be enough to satisfy the computer. My Cats were in perfect condition when I relocated one of them after turbo in downpipe... Those were the instructions given to me. I will post up the results as soon as I get all the components back together. It won’t be in the next couple of days there is a lot to do still.
I guess the difference in jeep years might play a part.
My stock setup had 2 exhaust manifolds with 1 sensor in each pre a pair of cats.... and 2 post cats. Since I upgraded to a single high flow exhaust manifold, theres no cats... deep in the PCM theres 2 VE tables....one for each half (bank) of the engine. Tuning has disabled one VE and one o2 so the engine is running off of only one o2 and on VE table. My whole exhaust system has zero cats now.
I wonder why they said to move the WB so far from the engine.
I also dont like it post turbo, because exhaust gas escapes via wastegate, and if (when) the turbo leaks oil, it will really mess up the sensor.
I had a turbo blow oil already.

Either way, the engine will be tuned to its configuration.

Two steps forward...Got the AC cooler manifold back and installed but because I tried to make the OEM bracket fit back on, there isn’t enough room for everything. So now I’ve deleted it and I’ll have to find an alternative trans cooler location...

DEB03543-FFC2-435D-80A2-26D986AB31E9.jpeg

A25C898A-20A0-414E-8DF0-CDFDBCA4429D.jpeg

B1390BB1-9C1E-414A-9698-3AA0A2173281.jpeg

55572822-49D6-431C-8841-54B044108D59.jpeg