03-04 extension hardtop lower glass seal

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone seen a longer seal to prevent these unvented hardtops from pushing the glass out when you shut the doors?

I've heard Mopar offered them at one time ...

Thanks
Andy

If you want to make life easy, just mount a piece of rubber seal over the thin top lip of your tailgate. It would be enough resistance to hold the glass into place when you close the doors.

If you want to make life easy, just mount a piece of rubber seal over the thin top lip of your tailgate. It would be enough resistance to hold the glass into place when you close the doors.
Thank you , any particular type ?

I ve seen frameless glass shower doors use a stick on type

I lowered my glass in the hinges and that helped a lot .

Thanks Jamison

Thank you , any particular type ?

I ve seen frameless glass shower doors use a stick on type

I lowered my glass in the hinges and that helped a lot .

Thanks Jamison
Ahh found it!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HVDO86K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

@nk24 actually posted this on a similar thread, which I thought was a simple/cheap/brilliant idea.

Basically you attach it to the tailgate like so:

Reactions: Jamison C
Man thanks ! I can see that working great .

I have it ordered .

This is my first hard top , I like it .
It’s definitely a much better insulator of temperature and road noise!

The only thing I would throw out is check the seal at the top of the rear glass. When I lowered my glass, the seal wasn’t making good contact and was letting water in. Not a lot, but enough to be annoying.

Let us know how well the trim on the tailgate works!

Reactions: Thunderhead
10-4 ...and I think I got that lowering idea from one of your posts also guy....I ll check it out .

That’s the one I used and it works well. Just make sure to get the correct length.

@AndyG: The vents were relocated to the tailgate starting in 2003.
yes I have the vent that shows on the exterior side of the tailgate but I can't figure out for the life of me where the air gets to it from the cabin

03-06 have grooves in the tailgate like this, as air pressure builds in the cabin it passes through to the outside.

Ok, let me check the inside I my gate ..wonder if I have a leftover 2002 tailgate ...I have the outside grill , but not the inside louvers I think ..hmmmm

I have the correct tailgate , I think it must be body flex, not cabin pressure .

I have the seal ordered , I can tell the grip the gate has on the window is marginal.

Thanks again,
Andy

I guess i can finally take my dish towel off the tali gate!
I've adjusted my glass but the window still pops open if my windows aren't cracked or if i hit a pothole.

Reactions: nk24