03-06 TJ Cruise Overlay harness

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAHump

In search of a cruise overlay harness for an 03-06 TJ. Ordered switches and the servo off ebay, found that I was prewired behind the steering wheel so I assumed I was good to plug and play.... Until I found out the plug on the fender by the brake booster was no where to be found. I've read that if you ordered a jeepsarus kit they give you the harness regardless of if you're prewired under the hood. Im looking for the guy that found out he was prewired and is selling the harness.

Ahhh, I did this on my TJ but I bought the kit from Jeeps R' Us.

Have you checked eBay? If not, you can check every single auto wrecking yard in the entire US here: http://car-part.com

GAURANTEE you that you'll find what you're looking for if you use that site and email enough wrecking yards. Guarantee it.

Ahhh, I did this on my TJ but I bought the kit from Jeeps R' Us.

Have you checked eBay? If not, you can check every single auto wrecking yard in the entire US here: http://car-part.com

GAURANTEE you that you'll find what you're looking for if you use that site and email enough wrecking yards. Guarantee it.

I'm just looking for the jeepsarus harness. Someone is bound to have one laying around as a lot of TJ's came prewired. Appreciate the info though.

Oh, I thought maybe you could just use the harness out of a TJ that came with cruise control.

Gotcha.

Oh, I thought maybe you could just use the harness out of a TJ that came with cruise control.

Gotcha.
I would do that if I could find one for the right price, but everything for a TJ is expensive amd finding a wrecked one or the parts I need is a scavenger hunt. Thats why I'm using wj/zj parts. Cheaper as you know.

Oh, I gotcha. I think most junk yards wouldn't charge more than $50 or so for that harness.

But yeah, you'd have to email at least a handful to find one I'm sure.

Reactions: PAHump
Try Daveys jeep. Google it for the correct url. I found a MFS connector with 8 inches of old wire to just splice in place of mine.

Try Daveys jeep. Google it for the correct url. I found a MFS connector with 8 inches of old wire to just splice in place of mine.
Im not a woring guru. Wouldnt know where to start unless I saw one with the plug already

In search of a cruise overlay harness for an 03-06 TJ. Ordered switches and the servo off ebay, found that I was prewired behind the steering wheel so I assumed I was good to plug and play.... Until I found out the plug on the fender by the brake booster was no where to be found. I've read that if you ordered a jeepsarus kit they give you the harness regardless of if you're prewired under the hood. Im looking for the guy that found out he was prewired and is selling the harness.
Hi, this is Tony from Jeeps Are Us (not Jeeps R Us!). We do carry brand new cruise overlay harnesses as will as any Wrangler cruise from 1997-2012. This includes discontinued kits that we still have in stock. Feel free to contact us at 877.533.7787 of visit our website.

Yes, I'm aware. Its $365, which is absolutely outrageous for $10 worth of wire and a few plugs. Why don't you all lower the price and maybe you'll actually sell one. Hell, you used to give tuem out like free candy in the kits even if people didn't need them.

Reactions: Chris
Yes, I'm aware. Its $365, which is absolutely outrageous for $10 worth of wire and a few plugs. Why don't you all lower the price and maybe you'll actually sell one. Hell, you used to give tuem out like free candy in the kits even if people didn't need them.
To give you an idea of just how bad that price really is and only because they are NLA, I found the last one at a Jeep dealership and purchased it by calling and giving them a part number. My dealer looked it up and told me they had one in stock and gave me their number. It was a kit from a long time ago. It included the clock spring, air bag cover, steering wheel switches, wiring harness, vacuum harness, servo, servo cable, and the hardware and instructions.

I paid 175.00 shipped and that was list price. The harness wire colors didn't match but the pin cavity numbers did so it worked first try which pleased me.

According to Davey, the harness is not a stand alone harness unless it was on a rig that happened to buy the overlay harness and then got totaled. It is integrated into too much of the under hood and dash harness to be yanked and sold as the CC harness which is why you need the overlay harness.

Reactions: Chris
To give you an idea of just how bad that price really is and only because they are NLA, I found the last one at a Jeep dealership and purchased it by calling and giving them a part number. My dealer looked it up and told me they had one in stock and gave me their number. It was a kit from a long time ago. It included the clock spring, air bag cover, steering wheel switches, wiring harness, vacuum harness, servo, servo cable, and the hardware and instructions.

I paid 175.00 shipped and that was list price. The harness wire colors didn't match but the pin cavity numbers did so it worked first try which pleased me.

According to Davey, the harness is not a stand alone harness unless it was on a rig that happened to buy the overlay harness and then got totaled. It is integrated into too much of the under hood and dash harness to be yanked and sold as the CC harness which is why you need the overlay harness.

Hi, as you know the wiring and the cruise kits have been discontinued for many many years. The wiring overlay that we sell is not from an old kit, its custom. The price is actually just a pass-through of the cost to us from a Chrysler guy that makes them for us as needed from OEM parts. We sell them as a courtesy (along with the install instructions) for those that want to install the cruise but do not have the wiring. While you may be able to find the harness in a salvage yard at a much better price, we do not sell used product at Jeeps Are Us. We are here to answer any questions that you may have.

Hi, as you know the wiring and the cruise kits have been discontinued for many many years. The wiring overlay that we sell is not from an old kit, its custom. The price is actually just a pass-through of the cost to us from a Chrysler guy that makes them for us as needed from OEM parts. We sell them as a courtesy (along with the install instructions) for those that want to install the cruise but do not have the wiring. While you may be able to find the harness in a salvage yard at a much better price, we do not sell used product at Jeeps Are Us. We are here to answer any questions that you may have.
Do you guys still have any kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.