03 TJ Rear Window

cclarke802

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So wonder if anyone has had this problem my rear window has begun to "pop" out over the tailgate when driving it can't open much because of the tire but trying to see why this could have started happening all of a sudden and what may fix it from others experience appreciate any help you can give.

Happens quite often. First, you are closing the glass door before the tailgate right?

You can loosen the screws that hold the glass on the two hinges and try sliding the glass down some. Just be sure to not over tighten the screws and break the glass.

Or you can replace the seal at the bottom of the window that holds it closed when the tailgate hits.

Last edited:
What's the condition of the lower rubber seal across the bottom of the window? If it's worn, it may need replacing. There have been some threads about this exact issue, but I don't seem to be able to search very successfully...

What's the condition of the lower rubber seal across the bottom of the window? If it's worn, it may need replacing. There have been some threads about this exact issue, but I don't seem to be able to search very successfully...
I replaced the seal about 9 months ago and the jeep is garage kept so it's in good shape

Happens quite often. First, you are closing the glass door before the tailgate right?

You can loosen the screws that hold the glass on the two hinges and try sliding the glass down some. Just be sure to not over tighten the screws and break the glass.

Or you can replace the seal at the bottom of the window that holds it closed when the tailgate hits.
I will try lowering the glass some I tried to in bolt the top and see it I could move it a little to help than tightened it back down will take it out in a bit to see if it worked