'03 Wrangler Front End Suspension Parts List

Fox_Mccloud

Hey fellow jeep owners,
I'm about to embark on the classic front end suspension rebuild in my 03 Wrangler and I would appreciate if someone could review my parts list with me. I just want to double check that I'm not missing any bushings or specifics pieces. I'm currently running a 2.5 inch lift that the previous owner installed with rancho shocks/stabilizer.

One of the packages I found on Ebay is this Detroit Axle kit that has most of the front end bits. I see that their company has good reviews but I don't see a lot of people on this forum using it. Anyone have experience with it? On top of that, I am going with the Rancho shocks and stabilizer listed below.

DA Kit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/19pc-Front...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Track Bar - part of the package
Steering Stabilizer - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CB42O2/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Tie Rod - part of the package
Tie Rod Ends - part of the package
Drag Link - part of the package
Control Arms Upper - part of the package
Control Arms Lower - part of the package
Ball Joints - part of the package
Shocks - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QWX6KQM/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Sway Bar Links - part of the package
Hub & Bearing - part of the package

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
It looks like Moog part numbers in that kit. If you can price them out individually you can compare prices. It seems that is a good price for what you get. Moog is (usually) quality. They have a budget price parts and the next level up. This is probably the budget, but still good stuff for daily/moderate trail use.

I rarely by kits because they always skimp on some parts or supply parts that probably aren't needed. I doubt that all these parts need changing.

It says they are using the K series parts, which are the premium if I remember correctly. It looks like a complete kit for everything and even if there might be some random piece missing, doesn’t seem to, it has a good price. For someone who doesn’t want to do all the leg work, this looks good.

I am afraid that this kit might not include some random bits I'll need mid repair but I do plan on using all the parts. My Jeep has a pretty bad case of DW.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding the front end on my '04. I initially considered a package like this, however, in my situation the hub assemblies and ball joints did not need replacing. I purchased the parts individually and chose to do the ZJ Tie Rod upgrade that @CodaMan mentioned. Check your ball joints and hub assemblies. If they don't need replacing, you could use that money-saved towards some sway bar quick disconnects.

Reactions: CodaMan
I am currently in the process of rebuilding the front end on my '04. I initially considered a package like this, however, in my situation the hub assemblies and ball joints did not need replacing. I purchased the parts individually and chose to do the ZJ Tie Rod upgrade that @CodaMan mentioned. Check your ball joints and hub assemblies. If they don't need replacing, you could use that money-saved towards some sway bar quick disconnects.
Could you link the ZJ tie rod upgrade you're talking about? I have no clue what that's about.

Also, I just looked into the quick disconnect saw bar, what's the advantage to having that?

(Lastly, my hub assemblies need to be replaced but it's fairly cheap and I'm not worried about doing that.)

Could you link the ZJ tie rod upgrade you're talking about? I have no clue what that's about.

Also, I just looked into the quick disconnect saw bar, what's the advantage to having that?

(Lastly, my hub assemblies need to be replaced but it's fairly cheap and I'm not worried about doing that.)
With quick disconnect links you can disconnect your front sway bar while off-road, allowing more axle articulation. You'd retain the factory sway bar.