04’ JMT’s Twin Teenagers Build

We did the MML first just to be against the grain. It doesn’t really matter anyway. The MM was a bit of a pain, the BL was fast. Thanks to those who provided the pucks. Super nice! All we had to do was go get some hardware from Ace. I told them about the gas filler tube needing lengthening, and I started on it. After 30 minutes I turned it over to them and left. After 20 minutes I went back to check on their progress. ZERO. I told them we could button things up, put the gas cap on and go for a test drive. Before the DS was 18.9* and it shuddered as you stopped on the gas. Now it’s 16.6* and smooth as glass. Big smiles all around when they stomped on the gas and felt it!

51F0D993-8DA8-4E5D-AD32-7CD333981F41.jpeg

1A774D9E-90F1-4FDF-84DD-0C6190632C65.jpeg

89B54BA9-42A3-444A-9806-A6A8585AD74A.jpeg

4F7D270E-4BE3-4D4E-8891-A1CCD03E97B2.jpeg

Day 129: Garage time. I did not enjoy working with the twins today. I told them to watch the Rokmen BL and MML videos. Supposedly they did, but they didn’t know shit. They’re messy in the garage. They were arguing with each other. I had to problem solve a few areas. It was annoying. I was like, “Get your shit together or we’re going to spend all day doing a 3 hr job.

View attachment 268105

View attachment 268106
Making memories. Maybe you gave them enough grief they'll watch the video twice next time.

Reactions: DrDmoney
The highlight of my day was after the test drive when they came to me and said, “can we do a gas tank tuck to solve the gas filler problem?” Yes, I said, so that’s next!

Then one of them came and said, “ What’s the better upgrade, lockers or tummy tuck?” I said “lockers.” They said, “let’s do that and gears next, then a tummy tuck, 33’s, and a rubicrawler!”

The highlight of my day was after the test drive when they came to me and said, “can we do a gas tank tuck to solve the gas filler problem?” Yes, I said, so that’s next!

Then one of them came and said, “ What’s the better upgrade, lockers or tummy tuck?” I said “lockers.” They said, “let’s do that and gears next, then a tummy tuck, 33’s, and a rubicrawler!”
They better have it ready for 2023. I expect to see them out on the trail with us. I'd imagine the rubicrawler in the 7:1 or whatever it is will push through the brakes. Tom's jeep's 4:1 after regearing to 5.38 caught me off-guard when I tossed it in 4 low in the garage. It really loads up the tranny and wants to go.

They better have it ready for 2023. I expect to see them out on the trail with us. I'd imagine the rubicrawler in the 7:1 or whatever it is will push through the brakes. Tom's jeep's 4:1 after regearing to 5.38 caught me off-guard when I tossed it in 4 low in the garage. It really loads up the tranny and wants to go.
We’ll see what kind of money they can earn. Right now…
200.gif

But they’ll be back to school in 5 weeks. 😂

Day 129: Garage time. I did not enjoy working with the twins today. I told them to watch the Rokmen BL and MML videos. Supposedly they did, but they didn’t know shit. They’re messy in the garage. They were arguing with each other. I had to problem solve a few areas. It was annoying. I was like, “Get your shit together or we’re going to spend all day doing a 3 hr job.

View attachment 268105

View attachment 268106
Cut them some slack Dad :ROFLMAO:

Having just done my MML I confess I found the point where I undid the mounts with the engine just supported by the jack on the oil pan pretty daunting. I was doing it during odd bits of spare time, but it took me about four days, and I still have one bolt I can't tighten :oops:

Doesn't sound they did too bad to me.

Reactions: JMT

View attachment 268105

View attachment 268106
My son and I go thru the head butting phase now and then still. Now that he's 23 though, I've gotten lots smarter! Still good times.

Reactions: RINC and DrDmoney
If shipping isn't too bad, my tank skid is sitting around collecting water. Already cut and welded. I can look into shipping next week, iffin you're interested.
Thanks. I’ll ask. I tried to give them mine a month ago, and they said, no, we want to do our own.

Have them do the regear

If I EVER get my shit together and get my Jeep done so that I have room in my garage again they can bring it over and I'll help them do the regear. Since I got all the tools needed and a little experiance it should take us 3-4 days if we take it slow.

My son and I go thru the head butting phase now and then still. Now that he's 23 though, I've gotten lots smarter! Still good times.
They were more annoying than anything.

“Where’s the 15mm?”

Using hand tools when I have drills and stuff. Ratchet…ratchet…ratchet. 🙄

“Where’s the 18mm?”

“Why are you using that tool?”

“5/8” is the same as 16mm dad.” “No it’s not dude. Close but not the same.” 🙄🙄🙄

Oh yeah, here’s the new stance with the 2 3/4” OME + 1.25” BL and 32’s. We could remove 1” of bump, but we’re going to take it out first, after we do the GTS tuck. Plus, we still have to add the Savvy TCase Cable shifter so they can actually use 4H/4L.

AEA7DBC6-3128-4972-AF86-C46D428526E2.jpeg