'04 Jeep Rubicon build thread going closer to stock with 2" lift

Sort of wanted to finalize this thread. I had the jeep out in some snow on a hill the other day and tried the lockers. They worked perfectly as my mechanic went over them. It is a beast for sure. Very low in low range and locking both front and back was ridiculously strong. This is a very capable TJ. I am looking forward to some real snow to have a go at a super steep hill. I don't think you can really stick a Jeep like this unless it is a ton of mud. I don't do mud and crap, but enjoy ice and snow. Cleaner. lol I love this Jeep, but someday might sell it. If I do, I will let people here know. It is very clean and in a heated garage with about 46K miles on it. I know it would be good for many years though. Time will tell if I want to have two cars or not. I am pretty much done with it, but might do something with the soft part of the half doors. Might have them custom made to match the top. lol Yeah, it is a spoiled Jeep.

Reactions: derekmac
Decided to put a step on. Thanks Chris for the info.

I honestly never thought I would want 1/2 doors, but I really love them. I feel my Jeep is actually done now. Not sure what else I would do at this point. Maybe water proof the inside rear if anything, so I don't have to haul my side and rear windows. My goal was to create my Jeep like Chris's black Rubicon and I am close other than the front winch/bumper. I am really enjoying driving this around. It is babied, but we need some survivors out there. Thanks for all the help on this forum. Great reads on here!!!!
jeep finished.jpg

Reactions: kt99tj
I honestly never thought I would want 1/2 doors, but I really love them. I feel my Jeep is actually done now. Not sure what else I would do at this point. Maybe water proof the inside rear if anything, so I don't have to haul my side and rear windows. My goal was to create my Jeep like Chris's black Rubicon and I am close other than the front winch/bumper. I am really enjoying driving this around. It is babied, but we need some survivors out there. Thanks for all the help on this forum. Great reads on here!!!!View attachment 96656
So decided not to sell?

I honestly never thought I would want 1/2 doors, but I really love them. I feel my Jeep is actually done now. Not sure what else I would do at this point. Maybe water proof the inside rear if anything, so I don't have to haul my side and rear windows. My goal was to create my Jeep like Chris's black Rubicon and I am close other than the front winch/bumper. I am really enjoying driving this around. It is babied, but we need some survivors out there. Thanks for all the help on this forum. Great reads on here!!!!View attachment 96656

Hole crap those side doors look slick !!!!!!
I don’t think I’ve seen silver metallic half doors before. I would love to have them but, $60 dollar skins will do for now
1B749D49-7419-4BF8-9D84-14362817C020.jpeg

Hole crap those side doors look slick !!!!!!
I don’t think I’ve seen silver metallic half doors before. I would love to have them but, $60 dollar skins will do for now

I got so lucky with the doors. Someone locally had a pair for sale they took off and advertised them as silver with charcoal interior and at a very good price. Below market. I went and the interior was an exact match, so it wasn't charcoal it was slate gray. I bought them and now run them most of the year. I think they look better and are just more fun to have on.

Well, I wanted to take the spare off to clean things up behind it. Figured I would run no spare for a week for the heck of it. I don't know if I like the look on my Jeep? Different. The rear bumper is really super plain without anything else going on. The spare was pretty darn heavy, so that part is probably good, but maybe the ride won't be as good? Guess I will find out when I drive it. What do you think?

no spare rear.jpg
no spare side.jpg

@gg1, where did you end up? With 32’s or 33’s? If you do ever want to sell, let me know, you’re build is pretty much what I would be aiming for on my next build. Looks nice!