'04 LJ rear bump stop question

Freeman

Supporting Member
I'm trying to finish a 3" suspension lift w/adjustable arms. My rear track bar is contacting the fuel tank mount bolts before the bump stops make contact. I installed the supplied bump stop extension; but i still need another 2 inches before the bump stop will work as designed. Is this common? Anyone running 3.5" rear bump stop extensions?

IMG_20201206_154720156.jpg

Some one who still has a roughly stock tj might have to go look... But doesn't that bend in the track bar go on the axle side?

It looks to me like your arms are too long, and you need to shorten them up a bit to get out of the gas tank skid. Once you get rid of that interference your bump stops should line up front-rear (they'll be off side-side).

I'm using the Teraflex relocation bracket on the axle side. The interference isn't shown in the above photo. Just the location of the bumps as the track bar contacts a fuel tank skid mounting bolt. I have the upper arms as short as possible, and the lowers @ 16-3/8. Reason - pinion angle. It looks like I can shorten the lowers just a bit. I do not have a SYE. The wheel/tire (installed by PO) seem centered'ish.
The track bar is from Ruffstuff.

IMG_20201206_182111785.jpg

Can you make the adj.arms the same length as your stock arms, and start over.
SYE, and/or CV driveshaft aren't usually an issue at 3" on an LJ.

Adj.trackbar might not need relocation bracket either.

Can you make the adj.arms the same length as your stock arms, and start over.
SYE, and/or CV driveshaft aren't usually an issue at 3" on an LJ.

Adj.trackbar might not need relocation bracket either.
I can make the lowers stock length, but the uppers (when short as possible) are 3/4" longer than stock. That's why I made the lowers longer, to help w/the pinion angle. I sent an email to Ruffstuff asking them about the length. Maybe I got a bad set??

The track bar bracket is needed to clear the exhaust. When I did the TT, the exhaust moved. Some say to have it re-worked, but it's been fine so far. Until now of course.