04 Rocky Mountain stock

bostontj

Picked this up in September this year. Up in Canada, in a new province; and have been pushing off/not saving enough, for a lift and tires to start with my tj. I've only been out a few times in my jeep, but a bunch of times in others. I'm looking for some insight into a lift. I'm pretty set on some 33x12.5x15 KO2s. With some 58 rock crawler series rims. But up in the air on lift. As winter is bad in my province in Canada I would like to get tires on sooner than later. Anything and everything is a big help! 3.73 gears.

Thanks,
Nathan

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
a7070b128bfbb2c57a61d0c8d5501505.jpg

Reactions: Chris
We have no new provinces ??? You in Nunavut?...... which is a "territory"
If yer there you don't need 33x12.50s.
i lived on 33x9.50s in the NWT.

That does look like Nunavut/NWT Interstate in the background.... any ice?

Last edited:
You Canucks crack me up!

Seriously thought, that's a nice looking TJ and looks like a fantastic buy @bostontj

We have no new provinces ??? You in Nunavut?...... which is a "territory"
If yer there you don't need 33x12.50s.
i lived on 33x9.50s in the NWT.

That does look like Nunavut/NWT Interstate in the background.... any ice?

Haha sorry, new province to me! Calgary alberta. Used to live in lower mainland last. Around van city. Tons of ice in calgary because of climate, and altitude. Spun out going 120 across 3 lanes yesterday. Sobering experience. And that's at McLean creek about 45 mins east of the city. Close to Canmore.

Thanks Chris! The more I drive it the more I like it

I don't blame you. Of all the cool vehicles I've ever owned, this one is my favorite because it's one of those vehicles where you actually enjoy driving it slower as oppose to faster.

Reactions: brianb2
I don't blame you. Of all the cool vehicles I've ever owned, this one is my favorite because it's one of those vehicles where you actually enjoy driving it slower as oppose to faster.
That accord in behind my other picture is mine too. Compared to the tj it flys! 300$ in radar tickets later [emoji23]

I used to own a very, very nice E46 M3 and a E39 M5. Fun cars by all means, but honest to goodness the TJ is more fun than either of them. It's not as fast, it's not nearly as luxurious, but having the top and doors off and just cruising in it during the Summer has to be one of the most fun things to do.

Any opinions on lifts? Seen a 3.5 xj rubicon express on kijiji for cheap. But fear I'd need a sye and new rear driveshaft too. Which is another cost. Or maybe just a 3" is in order? I want to be able to go out, weekends but still DD

Any opinions on lifts? Seen a 3.5 xj rubicon express on kijiji for cheap. But fear I'd need a sye and new rear driveshaft too. Which is another cost. Or maybe just a 3" is in order? I want to be able to go out, weekends but still DD

If you want to take it out on weekends but still keep it a daily driver without spending too much time and money on a lift, I would say your best bet is this kit:
http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-man-emu-ultimate-tjlj-wrangler-kit/

That is hands down one of the most popular kits for the TJ. You get 2.5" of suspension lift, 1.25" of body lift, and you won't need to mess with control arms, pinion angles, etc.

Since you don't have a Rubicon though you'll need a SYE (slip yoke eliminator) if you want to do it right. In the process of doing the SYE, you'll also need a new driveshaft as well.

If you want to take it out on weekends but still keep it a daily driver without spending too much time and money on a lift, I would say your best bet is this kit:
http://dpgoffroad.com/products/old-man-emu-ultimate-tjlj-wrangler-kit/

That is hands down one of the most popular kits for the TJ. You get 2.5" of suspension lift, 1.25" of body lift, and you won't need to mess with control arms, pinion angles, etc.

Since you don't have a Rubicon though you'll need a SYE (slip yoke eliminator) if you want to do it right. In the process of doing the SYE, you'll also need a new driveshaft as well.
Any idea on price points for sye+driveshaft/installation? I could pick up a rubicon express short arm. For 1600, so little bit more too.

Any idea on price points for sye+driveshaft/installation? I could pick up a rubicon express short arm. For 1600, so little bit more too.

A new driveshaft from Tom Wood will run you $299 plus around $200 for the SYE. You're talking roughly $500 out the door.

A new driveshaft from Tom Wood will run you $299 plus around $200 for the SYE. You're talking roughly $500 out the door.
Have you installed one personally? Is it hard? Never done any driveline mods.

I didn't factor in labor.

Installing the driveshaft is easy, takes less than 30 minutes if that.

Installing the SYE is another story and that would take several hours at least.

Yea the parts was about $500 an about $500 in labor. Where also replacing the rear pinion yoke to a U-bolt mount for the u-joint.

Sounds about accurate then cost wise.

Often times people don't realize how much money they have to spend to lift one of these things and do it properly.

Fair enough,I understand. A mml and a tcase drp is like a temporary fix for vibes?