04 Rocky Mountain stock

Reactions: bostontj
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
uploadfromtaptalk1455771863591.jpeg

So, ended up just being able to do the front end at my house with the tools/skills I have. Ended up getting a free toe to the shop and they slapped on tires alignment and finished rear suspension all for 300. All in all very happy. Rides and drives better than stock. Definitely notice the weight and bogging out with 3.73 but just a matter of time

This weekend with the help of a neighbor installed 1" daystar BL rubicon express adjustable quick discos, put on lights again (not wired yet) and put in some new headlights. Not sure if headlights are much better but they were next to free so thought I'd try em out.
uploadfromtaptalk1457308699562.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1457308715749.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1457308724422.jpeg
uploadfromtaptalk1457308728624.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and Kevin E
Recently bought a hi lift, 48", used about 20 times in last 2 days in my driveway. Never on trails yet Now I have been reading into HP 30s on tjs. Have the housing I could get nxt to free from a friend. Any experiences with them? Thoughts?

Thanks

Recently bought a hi lift, 48", used about 20 times in last 2 days in my driveway. Never on trails yet Now I have been reading into HP 30s on tjs. Have the housing I could get nxt to free from a friend. Any experiences with them? Thoughts?

Thanks

Can't go wrong with a HP30 (assuming you're replacing a LP30) on a TJ. They're cheap and a good upgrade.

Installed a new pioneer deck, for road trips. Went well for the most part. Blew 2 fuses though not sure how. All fixed and good to go now. Went out first time actually wheelin it since lift tires etc. Aired down and disconnected for the first time. World of difference, tons of fun.
uploadfromtaptalk1458532645195.jpeg
this is one of the places we stopped, over top of a dried up riverbed by burnt timber calgary ab canada

Recently bought a hi lift, 48", used about 20 times in last 2 days in my driveway.
You should never need nor should you use a Hi-Lift for any part of a suspension lift or body lift installation. Or to change a tire no matter how tall the suspension lift is. They are the wrong tool for the job and they are dangerous in such uses. Appropriate tools for that kind of work include a hydraulic floor jack and jack stands. I bought a Hi-Lift as a beginner offroader 20 years ago because I mistakenly thought it was required but eventually learned it is strictly a tool of absolute last resort. My Hi-Lift has not been out of my shed since 2003.

Reactions: Stinger
You should never need nor should you use a Hi-Lift for any part of a suspension lift or body lift installation. Or to change a tire no matter how tall the suspension lift is. They are the wrong tool for the job and they are dangerous in such uses. Appropriate tools for that kind of work include a hydraulic floor jack and jack stands. I bought a Hi-Lift as a beginner offroader 20 years ago because I mistakenly thought it was required but eventually learned it is strictly a tool of absolute last resort. My Hi-Lift has not been out of my shed since 2003.
Oh, no. Used it to just to get jack stands underneath in the driveway.

Yes! Though the MML is necessary as well if you have a tummy tuck.

Chris with my Nth TT and 4.0 neither a MML nor BL was required. They supply a piece of steel like half of a pipe about 3 inches long. On install that piece goes on top of the TC and the TT is jacked into place. The pipe puts a small dimple in the bottom of the tub and all is well. Drop it down, remove the 1/2pipe and your good to go.

Reactions: Chris and bostontj
Yes, I should have said that an MML is required in some instances, but not all.

I know with the Savvy skid they want you to have an MML, but there are others that don't require it.

Been going out pretty much every weekend now. Lots of mud as its spring in the mountains in wheel in but a few rocky climbs. Loving it all. Only pet peeve is airing down and up. I am really liking about 12 psi on trails. Heard of people going lower? I have an 8 inch rim. No beads. I have a little air compressor I just plug into the cig lighter, but it takes about an hour to get all 4 tires up 15 psi. Anyone run on board air? Is it significantly quicker? Not interested in air lockers really. Any thoughts on brands/experiences much appreciated!

Thanks

If it takes you an hour to go up 3 psi, then you definitely need a new/better compressor!! :) When I had my Viair 2 gallon OBA, I could air up 4 tires from 13-32 in about the same time as it would take guys with a cig plug compressor to air up one tire.

I had to sell my Viair as I didn't have room in the TJ for it. I bought one that hooks up to the battery, and you just set the pressure you want, and it shuts off automatically. It's quick, but not as quick as the Viair. A buddy I wheel with has 37's, and uses the same compressor I bought. This is the one I bought: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...inflator-with-case-0095032p.html#.VwMJQBNViko