04 Rubi 13k miles - $25k

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, take it from someone who has started over, it's NOT fun. I'll never do it again, honestly. Lesson learned!
You're not having fun building your rig?

You're not having fun building your rig?

Oh I am... I'd just never start over with another TJ (like I did when I sold the black one). It's harder to find time to mess with it when the kids are so young!

@Starrs and I were talking about this the other day. There's that Inca Gold TJ Rubicon for sale in Indiana. He was saying I could buy it and transfer all my parts over. As much as I'd love that, it's a waste of my time. At that point I would just pay someone to repaint mine in Inca Gold, because no way I'm going through the trouble of transferring all my parts over, haha!

Doing that tummy tuck all by myself (and the fuel tank skid) was a big enough PITA.

What @Chris means to say he wouldn't start all over with another TJ. But, a LJR is fair game. :risas3:

Naaa, I'm no longer a fan of the long wheelbase. I like Wranglers short and small. One of the reason I don't like the newer models much... they keep getting bigger!

Naaa, I'm no longer a fan of the long wheelbase. I like Wranglers short and small. One of the reason I don't like the newer models much... they keep getting bigger!
I'm starting to go the other way. I am thinking down the line I can get a LJR and have room for the kids, dog, and a cooler in the back. I would need to add a lap belt for a potential 5th rider but it seems like a better idea then buying a used JKUR. Plus some of my parts would transfer over so it would bring down the cost a bit.

I'm starting to go the other way. I am thinking down the line I can get a LJR and have room for the kids, dog, and a cooler in the back. I would need to add a lap belt for a potential 5th rider but it seems like a better idea then buying a used JKUR. Plus some of my parts would transfer over so it would bring down the cost a bit.
I am a fan of the TJ, but I think building an LJ would be a fun project. I wouldn't go any less than 35's (4" + 1", TT) and I think 37's would be sick, and probably too much, but I like that extra room too, would be so convenient. Just throw a cargo carrier on the back and have everything you need for a few nights trip.

Reactions: DA RUNT and Alex01
The one convenient thing about the LJs is that you don’t have to worry about the driveline angles nearly as much!

Reactions: Alex01
Yep, I can go 4" and probably not worry about it too much. But TT is just awesome, so why not, especially since the LWB could get you hung up on some obstacles, though on others it would be an advantage. There's blessings and curses...

If I was given the option to trade my TJ for an LJ in similar condition. I wouldn't hesitate at all. It will never happen though :( I got a good deal on my TJ so I'm somewhat happy.

The LJ's look better than a TJ when both are done right imo. The extra storage is a huge plus.

...There's that Inca Gold TJ Rubicon for sale in Indiana. He was saying I could buy it and transfer all my parts over. As much as I'd love that, it's a waste of my time. At that point I would just pay someone to repaint mine in Inca Gold, because no way I'm going through the trouble of transferring all my parts over, haha!

You could do a body swap.... Sounds crazy but the thought has crossed my mind.

Oh I am... I'd just never start over with another TJ (like I did when I sold the black one). It's harder to find time to mess with it when the kids are so young!

@Starrs and I were talking about this the other day. There's that Inca Gold TJ Rubicon for sale in Indiana. He was saying I could buy it and transfer all my parts over. As much as I'd love that, it's a waste of my time. At that point I would just pay someone to repaint mine in Inca Gold, because no way I'm going through the trouble of transferring all my parts over, haha!

Doing that tummy tuck all by myself (and the fuel tank skid) was a big enough PITA.
That one is long gone now I’m afraid. Your off the hook!

Reactions: Chris
You could do a body swap.... Sounds crazy but the thought has crossed my mind.

Very true! Or I could buy a spare body, paint the entire thing, and then swap it on. That’s a ton of work though!

There’s no vehicle I could replace my TJ with that would be better (not in my opinion at least), so it’s not going anywhere. Plus, I actually really like the Khaki color!

Status
Not open for further replies.