04 Silver TJR w/5k miles asking $28.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second last picture seems to show more surface rust than I would expect.. My 05 LJ with 18k miles doesn't have that much surface rust if any.

Personally I think his price is high considering its not a LJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
That second last picture seems to show more surface rust than I would expect.. My 05 LJ with 18k miles doesn't have that much surface rust if any.

For a 14 year old vehicle the rust is to be expected. There is probably a story with this jeep considering it has 1/42 as many miles as average for a vehicle that old. I don't know many people who would buy a well optioned vehicle and then willingly not drive it. I would't be surprised if it had 2000 - 3000 miles in the first few years, possibly somewhere with salt, and then sat around. I would argue his asking price isn't too crazy, and I'm sure someone will give it to him. 420 miles a year isn't something you're going to see on basically any other TJ in existence.

Welcome to the forum Freebo!
You might be right on the price, after all he hasn’t sold it yet! But then on the other hand-find another TJ with 5800 miles, LJ or not! They is no body rust I can see- just factory paint, all that surface rust is just raw bare metal nuts, bolts and nothing important.
Sounds like you have nice LJ also! Love to see pics of yours too! LJ’s are harder to find especially with only 18,000 miles! Again thou- welcome

Welcome to the forum Freebo!
You might be right on the price, after all he hasn’t sold it yet! But then on the other hand-find another TJ with 5800 miles, LJ or not! They is no body rust I can see- just factory paint, all that surface rust is just raw bare metal nuts, bolts and nothing important.
Sounds like you have nice LJ also! Love to see pics of yours too! LJ’s are harder to find especially with only 18,000 miles! Again thou- welcome

Howdy! Well kept Jeeps are hard to find I do agree and the value of these vehicles stays high!

I've been more active over the years on Jeepforum, but recently joined this board because I had stumbled on a OEM Mopar Rock Crawler bumper, been looking for one of these now for a while but the deal fell through so. FYI I am still looking for one if anyone has one. But the story on mine; 05 Black LJ, 6speed, premium package, both tops. Bought it when it had only 11k miles from the original owner back in late 2014. The hardtop had never been off from factory and the soft top was still rolled with the factory cover in the rear of the Jeep. Currently Jeep is bone stock, with the exception of my old 31s from my previous TJ.

You can see engine, undercarriage and interior pictures pictures right here; http://jeep-forum/forum/f22/saga-black-05-lj-3187465/ (remove the dash in the name)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
I notice it still has the factory wrap on the soft top folded up in back...hope they know where the door surrounds and windows are.

Yah that is Fluid film, however the pictures I posted the fluid film was put on over a year prior and there wasn't any there, undercarriage is bone dry in my photos.

Needless to say, the Fluid Film stuff works but after a couple of washes of the underneath the stuff disappears. So unless your going back and putting the stuff on after every 3rd wash, the underneath becomes unprotected most of the time..

Anyways, I'm not looking to pick a fight here lol. I just stated the Jeep in the listing is well up kept whether someone thinks the price is right or not that is their opinion just like that I think for a 5k undercarriage it shouldn't have that much surface rust.

Reactions: Chris
Yah that is Fluid film, however the pictures I posted the fluid film was put on over a year prior and there wasn't any there, undercarriage is bone dry in my photos.

Needless to say, the Fluid Film stuff works but after a couple of washes of the underneath the stuff disappears. So unless your going back and putting the stuff on after every 3rd wash, the underneath becomes unprotected most of the time..

Anyways, I'm not looking to pick a fight here lol. I just stated the Jeep in the listing is well up kept whether someone thinks the price is right or not that is their opinion just like that I think for a 5k undercarriage it shouldn't have that much surface rust.
I don't know if you have owned any new TJ's but I've owned 3 and the amount of "surface" rust you see in those pictures is only on unprotected steel and iron and is exactly how they are from the factory in very short order, as in less than 6 months and I live where it is relatively dry. Unprotected ferrous metal rusts, even on new vehicles. That's what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.