04 TJ Rubicon with 14K Miles

From here forward the use of the word "bumperettes" will be a 100 Point penalty, 75 for Rubicon owners.

This will be written into the forum handbook 2021 edition... Under word usage, section c - Manliness.

Word choice is very important.

You can say I like children... But if you say I like 12-year-olds, you may end up on a list somewhere.

They were still used up until 95 and callled bumpe*%+#.
Can I post pictures saying the forbidden word?
OH and tell that to the MEN who fought WWll. They were the first to use them.

C6B4BF25-1090-43D8-AEE6-DA7514B22FA6.png

Last edited:
I bet the same guy named that that came up with "walkie-talkie".

Sarge- "Collins , we have a mission next week , get me 6 Abrams tanks and 12 Humvees.....and be sure they have bumperettes, and get walkie -talkies.

Geeze.

• Haha
Reactions: taylormade73
They were still used up until 95 and callled bumpe*%+#.
Can I post pictures saying the forbidden word?
OH and tell that to the MEN who fought WWll. They were the first to use them.

View attachment 190594
I was scratching my head wondering what those things were actually used for... I remember the dress package CJ7 laredos had them in chrome.

I always thought they were a gas can holder or something.

I bet if you look close at them and the extension beyond the spare if any...that they were put on there in order to accommodate loading these things onto a cargo ship for transport as tight as possible..... Now that's just speculation.

Found an NOS soft top - think it was the last one available through Jeep in the US. Just arrived - will go on in the spring. Ordered extra NOS replacement windows too.

Reactions: Jamison C
Was gonna say if you found khaki you scored big time

At this point it’s an 04 rubicon with new NOS soft top and looks and drives like it came off showroom floor - not too much I can complain about

As I said - now it’s time to find an LJR I can actually build and drive. I feel guilty driving this one around

At this point it’s an 04 rubicon with new NOS soft top and looks and drives like it came off showroom floor - not too much I can complain about

As I said - now it’s time to find an LJR I can actually build and drive. I feel guilty driving this one around
Just gonna look at it in the garage or what?

Don't feel guilty about driving it. Vehicles need to be driven, and sitting for long periods of time unless it's in a humidity and temperature controlled garage will cause other issues. I'm also in the Northeast and my TJ came from California, no rust anywhere on the frame, but it has 150k miles. It is being garaged during the winter.

Driving it to Montauk tomorrow - stopped by my parent's to pick it up and install the Pioneer double din unit. Killed me to cut into the stock dash mounts but this TJ I'm planning on keeping for a long time. When I have more time I need to adjust the unit a little bit - sits great but me being OCD.

Because I had to wire to emergency brake I basically had to take apart center console - kills me I didn't have the Kicker sub with me as replacement considering factory sub is blown.

Looks misplaced in NYC :(

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: RWerksman and Chris