04 TJ Rubicon with 14K Miles

Not the best photos - but Jeep arrived at my parents today. I won't be able to see it for a few weeks but looks better than expected. Going into shop on the 14th for all fluids to be replaced, etc and then have the leveling kit going on, Fox shocks and 265/75/16 MTRs
IMG_4249.JPG
IMG_9413.JPG
IMG_9414.JPG
IMG_9415.JPG
IMG_9419.JPG

Reactions: Chris
what color is that hard top? looks different colors in different lighting. Are you storing it downstate ny or upstate?
It's between khaki and gray - seen it on a handful of white TJ/LJs

Jeep is at my parent's place in Connecticut for now - will have parts installed and full run through done over next few weeks and essentially go into storage for the winter

throwing a wrench into everything...

the 04 TJR went into shop today for all new shocks, steering stabilizer and once through.

also picked up the attached 06 LJR from cross jeep today. my dream car. not sure what else to do but enjoy it.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.51.29 PM.png

So now you have two Jeeps? Haha, welcome to the addiction!

Bailed on the LJR. I realized with the TJR with low miles and being cherry I don’t even want to drive it - want an LJR that needs some work I can build. With 18K miles on the silver one I almost bought would just sit in garage like the white one is doing now.

With that said, white 04 came out of shop yesterday. Removed the barricade winch that was on there, added the quadratec leveling kit, new 265/75 MTRs.
58CD679B-EBB8-4C1C-BCC2-FABF6A81A211.jpeg

Bailed on the LJR. I realized with the TJR with low miles and being cherry I don’t even want to drive it - want an LJR that needs some work I can build. With 18K miles on the silver one I almost bought would just sit in garage like the white one is doing now.

With that said, white 04 came out of shop yesterday. Removed the barricade winch that was on there, added the quadratec leveling kit, new 265/75 MTRs.View attachment 190237

My thought is that if I had a TJ Rubicon that clean with such low miles, I would put 31" C rated Duratrac tires on it, a 1" H&R spring, half doors, and upgrade the stereo. That's literally all I would do. A clean, unmolested TJ looks absolutely fantastic in stock form with just a tiny lift and one tire size up.

Reactions: Jamison C and AndyG
My thought is that if I had a TJ Rubicon that clean with such low miles, I would put 31" C rated Duratrac tires on it, a 1" H&R spring, half doors, and upgrade the stereo. That's literally all I would do. A clean, unmolested TJ looks absolutely fantastic in stock form with just a tiny lift and one tire size up.

Pretty much where I’m at. The 265/75/16 mtrs and the leveling kit went on yesterday with new shocks and steering stabilizer. Quadratec says it’s 1.75 inches in front and .75 inches in back.

Only thing left to do is the 6 inch antenna which will go on this week, remove the milk jugs and upgrade to aftermarket head unit and new speakers / sub and I’m done.

Now looking for LJR to actually build.

Pretty much where I’m at. The 265/75/16 mtrs and the leveling kit went on yesterday with new shocks and steering stabilizer. Quadratec says it’s 1.75 inches in front and .75 inches in back.

Only thing left to do is the 6 inch antenna which will go on this week, remove the milk jugs and upgrade to aftermarket head unit and new speakers / sub and I’m done.

Now looking for LJR to actually build.

Yep, that's a good plan. I'd look for an Unlimited Rubicon with slightly higher miles and maybe not even in perfect condition (though no rust), that way you don't feel bad if you end up having to cut into something or whatever.

The nice, low mileage ones, those ones need to be left alone in my mind (y)

Time for school.
These are “bumperetts”
YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS MAGGOT.
You’d better know the origin of the Jeep before you post a silly comment like that.
🤪😜
A6C140B9-13AD-4C73-ADCC-E44AD616F70E.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex01