04 TJR “While I'm at it” Mid-Arm Build

I didn’t take any pictures today, plumbing and misc is pretty boring. I will take some finished pictures tomorrow! My friend has been time lapsing the whole job. I’ll post that up in its entirety when it’s done.

Here’s the outboard time lapse though, we though it was cool seeing the articulation checks.

Attachments

• IMG_3726.MOV
    18.1 MB
Took it for a drive today, handles amazing! Love how it feels soft on bumps but tight? Hard to describe but i'm loving it! I'm really excited to try it out on the trails!. I'm trying to go to Uwharrie in a couple weeks. Just have to relocate the locker pumps, properly wind the winch, and install the sliders.

@mrblaine That caliper flip kit is really slick, very clever design. After driving it I will definitely be moving a Black Magic big brake kit to the top of the future mods list. Also, thanks for the rear brake line idea, worked great. @Alex01 provided me the full parts list of all the fittings and hardware. Much appreciated!

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0281.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

Took it for a drive today, handles amazing! Love how it feels soft on bumps but tight? Hard to describe but i'm loving it! I'm really excited to try it out on the trails!. I'm trying to go to Uwharrie in a couple weeks. Just have to relocate the locker pumps, properly wind the winch, and install the sliders.

@mrblaine That caliper flip kit is really slick, very clever design. After driving it I will definitely be moving a Black Magic big brake kit to the top of the future mods list. Also, thanks for the rear brake line idea, worked great. @Alex01 provided me the full parts list of all the fittings and hardware. Much appreciated!

View attachment 190702

View attachment 190703

View attachment 190707

View attachment 190708

View attachment 190710

View attachment 190712
You're welcome. The problem with building stuff on a lift is you miss stuff that happens at ride height. Nice to see you moved the clamp on the tie rod straight down.

Reactions: TjSteve0305
Man that looks great, Something I'd like to do to my LJ someday but I don't have the skills..
If you're able to use a grinder you can install a midarm. The hardest part is the prep. By the time you get to brackets you could have a mobil welder burn them in place on the frame and axle. (Fixed location) The kit is really well made and @mrblaine did a fantastic job making sure the fit and finish is top notch.

love the height and stance. Can you post some more pictures of it?

Yea, I’ll post more when I take some. I’m actually going to ditch the Acos and bring the front down an inch. I installed it because the front end of my last TJ sagged too low with the same springs, this one did not and is a bit too high.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Congrats! I couldn't open the time lapse video of the outboard...really looks great!

Congrats! I couldn't open the time lapse video of the outboard...really looks great!

I noticed that, the first video worked ok but the second one didn’t? When I get them all stitched together I’ll post a link to it. It will be too big to attach here. Thanks!

Thought I posted these but I don’t see them in here...🤷🏻‍♂️

Jeep did great at Uwharrie! Did a day trip. It’s a bit under a 1.5 hour trip. Drove it there, wheeled all day, and drove back. It did all the trails no problem! Can’t wait to plan some more trips!
7536499B-A884-4914-9ED9-BBF49C67A1C9.jpeg
49CBEB5C-14FB-4384-8BD5-F465B6891296.jpeg
84150203-F208-4CEF-B5B3-56F78A7C53D9.jpeg

Reactions: mvigo and Alex01
Whoa. A bit late to the party, but you packed a bunch of great work into a few short days. Nicely done.

Reactions: TjSteve0305