05-06 NSG370 to 42RLE Non-How-To Brain Dump

The manual wasn't working. After thinking it was the clutch master/slave assembly and things still being off we yanked down to the clutch...

PXL_20220730_223256035.jpg

PXL_20220730_223712484.jpg

Somehow the old pilot bearing ended up in the clutch/clutch plate. The new one was where it was supposed to be and was perfect.

Plan a system of how you're going to organize parts.
I'm thinking we broke down here at one point.

We have no idea how it happened beyond maybe disorganization, but figured I'd share as a reminder to double check your system and every part going back on.

The manual wasn't working. After thinking it was the clutch master/slave assembly and things still being off we yanked down to the clutch...

View attachment 347151

View attachment 347152

Somehow the old pilot bearing ended up in the clutch/clutch plate. The new one was where it was supposed to be and was perfect.

I'm thinking we broke down here at one point.

We have no idea how it happened beyond maybe disorganization, but figured I'd share as a reminder to double check your system and every part going back on.

There's a dumbass thread in OT that someone needs to fess up in.

I suppose it could be all of us. What a freak thing to happen.

We definitely should have caught it, it's a freak thing that will influence future excessive checks though likely saving us from lesser "freak" things. I still think with as many people running around as we had across two rigs, I'm impressed that a random ass screw up was the only major issue we are aware of after a week.

Minor issue is that my dash lighting doesn't turn on yet, but I'm down a few days anyway to send out parts for some mating - so I'm mostly in guess and check mode.