05 4.0 TJ exhaust upgrade advice

Alski

I’ve been replacing my cat back with basically the cheapest I can find - and thinking I should go with more durability rather than replacing every few years. Not concerned about sound so much as I am durability. I guess I should at least go stainless, and could anyone point me in the right direction- model #s? Cheers.

I’m on the hunt as well. I put a Borla Touring exhaust on my F150 and love it. It’s as quiet as stock (with better tone) but has a nice sound when you jump on it. I’m looking to get better airflow without getting too loud. I don’t need to be heard way before I get there.

I’ve been replacing my cat back with basically the cheapest I can find - and thinking I should go with more durability rather than replacing every few years. Not concerned about sound so much as I am durability. I guess I should at least go stainless, and could anyone point me in the right direction- model #s? Cheers.

What part is breaking?

I am running the MBRP stainless catback. It has the perfect amount of sound for me in combination with a 3rd cat delete. I think it was around $200. I had a magnaflow catback previously which failed at the welds on the muffler. MBRP has held up to strong wheeling conditions

Reactions: Leadchucker
The best advice you'll ever get is to simply go down to your local exhaust shop and have them build you a new exhaust, seriously.

Reactions: Ephry73 and Zorba
As Chris just wrote, may be just better to do that if that is the only part with an issue. Good aftermarket mufflers can also be purchased used(Flowmaster for example) and welded at a local shop