Once upon a time there was a little engine. But he was a sad little engine because he was different from all his other little engine friends….
I keep having issues pop up. I started seeing red fluid again. I only like that when it’s going on my TCase. It was on the tranny, but I couldn’t see any on the TCase. I checked the level and it was pretty close to full. A few days later I’m seeing more red stuff. I run Royal purple in the tranny, so it’s got to be coming from the TCase. I looked closer. It was hard to see, but definitely coming from the front of the TCase where it attaches to the tranny. So, input shaft seal replacement. It’s a bit of a pain getting there, but all done now.
View attachment 414616
View attachment 414617
View attachment 414618
That works but if you want something a bit nicer look at the Lincoln G901 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FN4B9I/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Thanks for the tip. That looks nice. The one I have/posted is the LockNLube brand. I bought it because all my grease guns have LockNLube couplers on them and I figured it would work good with them without having to screw the coupler off and the needle fitting on. I haven't needed to lube the centering ball yet as I just got the driveshaft a few weeks ago, so I guess I'll see how it goes when I need to lube it.
Moved the rear license plate from the corner to the middle of the tailgate armor in preparation for the GR corner armor. I removed the tailgate armor and discovered was able to just barely put nutserts in the sheet metal in each side of the vent hole (2005). Remounted the armor, drilled through the armor and sheet metal to set the location for the 10-24 nutserts. Everything was dead on. It took a bit of measuring to know exactly where to drill relative to other known points. I love the silicone license plate holder and am super happy with how it turned out.
View attachment 416394
View attachment 416395
View attachment 416396
View attachment 416397