05' JMT's Twin Teenager's Rubicon Build

Day 04: son comes home after work with this stuff. Most of it is for a tool he’s putting together to put on the end of a drill and insert in the frame and spin to break up and dissolve debris so he can blow out the frame, prep and paint. Also some Rustoleum Rust Converter several of you mentioned. A few bolts to replace those in the door latches.

BE6E96EC-0F83-49FB-9479-98476EE9EB84.jpeg

Last edited:
Here's a list of some other things we've done.

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 12.07.23 PM.png

Day 04: K decided to do a spare delete. I warned him, but he argued that it would cost him like $500 to get a tire and a Moryde system and he just doesn't have that kind of money. Prefers to buy a Tire Plug Kit and move on for now. We can always throw a 33" spare I have in the back when we go on trails.

The twin with the White Sport (J) also decided to do a spare delete.

Day 04: K decided to do a spare delete. I warned him, but he argued that it would cost him like $500 to get a tire and a Moryde system and he just doesn't have that kind of money. Prefers to buy a Tire Plug Kit and move on for now. We can always throw a 33" spare I have in the back when we go on trails.

The twin with the White Sport (J) also decided to do a spare delete.
If they can share a jeep, they can certainly share a spare tire!

If they can share a jeep, they can certainly share a spare tire!
After I bought the first Jeep as time went on I discovered that the Jeep sharing wasn't going as well as I hoped. I think it was kinda like a commune. Everybody shares but not everyone puts in the same amount of work. Getting another Jeep changed everything. Once it was all decided who's Jeep was who's, interest level and investment skyrocketed. Talk of doing trails, etc. increased too.

Aren't they just following DAD'S example? You've been spare-less for a while now so they are just doing what dad showed them.

It'll be interesting going on a trail run with you.

Day 05: I think I’m in for hell. I was just going to remove the rust in the driver floor panel and use rust converter. When I started taking rust off I found I was in trouble. I cleared as much as possible, cut out the weakest parts, cut some 1/8” plate, bent, molded and fit it to the area and welded it up. Then we painted it. It will work for now, but we will eventually have to replace that panel and the section underneath it. Lots of work.

5E6C42AB-E076-4E01-B90A-568B6E88C477.jpeg

E5EDCED3-B23A-4361-9C1C-A11F8C382AE8.jpeg

EDEA87FB-3C39-4E26-8C02-CEF6DAD1D725.jpeg

088B8A42-3B48-4D90-9805-C9EFF5D910F9.jpeg

Day 05: After all that rust BS we tried to remove the sliders. That didn’t work. I may have to weld a nut to each bolt to get each out. We did get the spare tire carrier removed and area semi-cleaned up. We were ready to eat dinner and go to the Off-road Park for the Virgin Run. Thing creaks but goes anywhere!

9862EF3E-5FA6-4FB3-91F1-E794866D5D9F.jpeg

F0F5BEC4-18C1-4D26-A280-64291AA6906C.jpeg

I love how even she made a comment about the bumper 🤣
My wife is a hoot! That bumper. I mean, “What bumper is that?” I have never seen it before. Don’t care to ever see it again either. It’s hideous.

Reactions: RINC and mvigo
Hard to believe someone put that bumper on thinking it was a good idea.

Looks like a successful day out.

Reactions: Irun and Wildman
Did K try out the lockers at all? Real cool park. Granted we have tons of wheeling around, but a nice big open area like that would be a lot of fun to test things out.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman