05 LJ Manual Clutch Pedal Rattle

Digging up this old thread. Closest I’ve been able to find to my issue…

often, but not every time, if the clutch is fully in like when coming to a stop and the road is bumpy, or a parking lot speed bump, there is a harsh chatter from the clutch pedal.

There are no issues shifting, chatter at takeoff, downshifting, and I’ve done the common clutch slip tests with no issues.

Clutch Master cylinder looks good, fluid looks good, new redline tranny fluid, pedal to push rod retainer clip is good.

Open to any and all suggestions, 1) it’s annoying 2) with only 33k miles I’d like to stay ahead of anything major and avoid dropping the tranny on a fishing trip.
Rattle when the clutch is depressed? That's a classic sign of a bad throw out bearing.

Reactions: freebo86
Yes, depressed, but only sometimes when going over a bump and wouldn’t 33k be early for that?

Yes, depressed, but only sometimes when going over a bump and wouldn’t 33k be early for that?

Throw out bearing bud.

My issue isn't that, it's been 2+ years now I basically put a spring on the clutch pedal so it keeps tension on it - pulled out towards the steering column. No more rattling.

Also, makes it a bit harder to press it in, good leg workout, i rotate between left and right leg to depress clutch to keep a balance in my thighs.