05 Patriot Blue build

KCsTJ

TJ student
Supporting Member
This is my 1 week old 05 Sport i bought with 101k on the clock. I removed the rear windows, milk jugs and back seat and here she sits. It came with a brand new Smitty soft top.
20180911_181956.jpg

I'll be using her and my white 97 alternately in my pool service route so these jeeps are working jeeps.
They have to be dependable because in some of the areas I service pools, out on some of these county roads, theres no cell fone service.
So my jeeps have to run perfect or I could be in trouble. :)
Edit: 101k

Last edited:
Yeah, what’s coming? Also, I think you meant 101K on the clock, not 151K!

Reactions: KCsTJ
looking forward to following along. I've read a bit here and there, but what are the plans for this one?
Moderate plans unless you Jeep heads change my mind which is a real possibility!

I - ZJ tie rod conversion
2-2.5 OME lift, but have not ruled out a Zone 4 inch lift.
3-11.5 tires on 31s or 33s, haven't decided.
Cooper series beadlock black wheels
4-pay it off :)
Thats my basic plan, $$$ willing :)
I'm open to suggestions of course I still consider myself a nooB so I listen and take notes.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Moderate plans unless you Jeep heads change my mind which is a real possibility!

I'm open to suggestions of course I still consider myself a nooB so I listen and take notes.

Gotta get another set of Hood louvres :D

Reactions: KCsTJ and JMT

Id go with 33's, I had the OME lift and BDS lift which Zone is the sister company, and I found OME and BDS as far as street manners goes exactly the same.

Id go with 33's, I had the OME lift and BDS lift which Zone is the sister company, and I found OME and BDS as far as street manners goes exactly the same.
Looks like I could get a 2.5 used OME, if it all shakes out. I've decided on 33s @Trendsetter75 that's what I'm building towards, plus I will.probably install a 1 inch BL as well so no prob clearing 33s. :)

Looks like I could get a 2.5 used OME, if it all shakes out. I've decided on 33s @Trendsetter75 that's what I'm building towards, plus I will.probably install a 1 inch BL as well so no prob clearing 33s. :)
I’m figuring it out KCsTJ. It’s just taking some time but I may go with some ProComps.

I’m figuring it out KCsTJ. It’s just taking some time but I may go with some ProComps.
No hurry @JMT.
....Look what just hit my front door after I thought it had been canceled...
:-/
20180925_180946.jpg

My card said maxed out credit. I then decide to wait and do more homework... then these show up. 15x8 Pro comp series 31...ugh now what..lol. more jeep decisions!

No hurry @JMT.
....Look what just hit my front door after I thought it had been canceled...
:-/
View attachment 56785
My card said maxed out credit. I then decide to wait and do more homework... then these show up. 15x8 Pro comp series 31...ugh now what..lol. more jeep decisions!
Oops, well, I can say this, they look awesome! If you’re wanting to stay with the Ravine’s and some spacers, see if you can send them back. Otherwise, get’em wrapped with some rubber when you can!

Edit: And no worries on the lift. I can help you when you are ready

Oops, well, I can say this, they look awesome! If you’re wanting to stay with the Ravine’s and some spacers, see if you can send them back. Otherwise, get’em wrapped with some rubber when you can!

Edit: And no worries on the lift. I can help you when you are ready
Wrapped with rubber... what do you.mean, remember I'm still a Jeep rookie .... :-/

Wrapped with rubber... what do you.mean, remember I'm still a Jeep rookie .... :-/
If you’re strapped for money, start looking on Craigslist for some 33x12.5r15’s in decent shape to hold you over for awhile

I am planning on installing a lift with a TT on my new to me mostly stock 05 Sport.
At this time this is my plan which could be altered at any time by improvements/suggestions from more experienced Jeep heads....

As I researched I thought if I am putting all this work into a lift, we'll a TT isn't that much more stuff to do so let's do it. :)

Here's the plan so far..

2.5 inch lift
Rancho 5000x shocks
1.0 inch BL
Savvy shift cable
Barnes mild TT skid plate or UCF SP
Both rear upper control arms
SYE/CV driveshaft

And maybe some exhaust pipe modification if necessary

Looks like all the above can be done for right at $2000k save the exhaust mod if any.

Reactions: Chris
Looks like a good setup, I don't see anting I'd change except adding a 1" MML to the mix.

You'll need the exhaust modifications though for sure. I don't see any way around it personally, having done a tummy tuck myself.

Looks like a good setup, I don't see anting I'd change except adding a 1" MML to the mix.

You'll need the exhaust modifications though for sure. I don't see any way around it personally, having done a tummy tuck myself.
Well with 102k getting the exhaust done now means I don't have to later.

@Chris , Is a 1" MML required with a mild TT or is it an option, since I'll have a SYE CV and adj upper rear CAs, or is it an option ?

Well with 102k getting the exhaust done now means I don't have to later.

@Chris , Is a 1" MML required with a mild TT or is it an option, since I'll have a SYE CV and adj upper rear CAs, or is it an option ?

Two things with the MML. While it's not required, if you raise the body 1", you will have to relocate the fan shroud. However, if you get the MML, it will raise the engine 1" to match it up with the body lift, thus you won't need to relocate the fan shroud bolts.

In addition, the MML will also reduce driveline angles, which is another added bonus. So for the cost ($145 or so), I would highly recommend pairing the MML with the BL.