05 Patriot Blue build

I'll be following along with this! I'm thinking a 2 or 2.5 inch lift is in my near future so I'll be interested in following this one.
I have the lift install scheduled to start on the 26th and should finish that day unless Murphy's Law comes into play :)
And im also playing with the idea of adding a 1/2 inch spacer, jury is still out on that one.

I have the lift install scheduled to start on the 26th and should finish that day unless Murphy's Law comes into play :)
And im also playing with the idea of adding a 1/2 inch spacer, jury is still out on that one.
Up front a 1/2” spacer would be good

Reactions: KCsTJ
Installed a Moog zj tie rod upgrade today.
20181021_095742.jpg

Install was straightforward, however the alignment showed a 1 1/4 inch toe in. After correcting the alignment, went for a test drive and immediately heard some chirping coming from the front tires.
Turns out the chirping is coming from the front u joints so new Spicer u joints and Timken bearing hub units will have to be installed to fix this.

Reactions: psrivats
When do the rear springs/shocks come in?
Ill have the springs this week, the shocks this week or next, they are slightly used and have to be removed from the jeep.
However, i just discovered my front u joints are shot and must be replaced immediately so ill do that install as soon as my Timken bearings come in. This set my lift install back 1 week, ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: glwood
If you're running out of time and you would like a pair of helping hands on the lift, let me know and show up on Nov 2 and we'll get it done.

Reactions: b0xcar and KCsTJ
If you're running out of time and you would like a pair of helping hands on the lift, let me know and show up on Nov 2 and we'll get it done.
Man that would take some pressure off me right now, i may just take you up on that offer @JMT .
Let me chew on that overnight and ill let you know tomirrow.

Reactions: JMT
Should i remove the red shock dust covers and paint the shocks black?
View attachment 59878
Or leave it B? Im not sure i have an opinion either way. Would it look goofy to leave them white, idk?
I’d remove the dust covers and paint the shock a grayish silver.

I'm not aware of a .5" spacer on the market. An OE rubber spring isolator/insulator is .5", I recommend a new replacement, and not to install without one, new or original. OME makes a poly hard durometer 10mm/.395" shim/spacer, most other spacers are .75" and up, made of softer polyurethane. Place the rubber insulator above the spring, poly between insulator and body. Since you have a rear wheel on the carrier forward rake won't be much, but if there are plans for an aftermarket bumper and/or winch, add a .75" spacer to the front. Spread KY personal lubricant on the front bump stop shaft to make it easier to R&R the insulator. Be prepared for 1.5" to 2" front bump stop extension.

For the rear bump stop extension, OME makes a 20mm/.789" spacer that will cover that length shock, or add a stack of washers for much less cost.

BTW, store/stand Rancho shocks upright. I have a blue Jeep too, and I thought the white shocks with red boots looked great, at least with polished wheels. I vote to keep the shocks original appearance to start, just remove the decals. Springs are a lot of work to R&R, shocks not so much.

I'm not aware of a .5" spacer on the market. An OE rubber spring isolator/insulator is .5", I recommend a new replacement, and not to install without one, new or original. OME makes a poly hard durometer 10mm/.395" shim/spacer, most other spacers are .75" and up, made of softer polyurethane. Place the rubber insulator above the spring, poly between insulator and body. Since you have a rear wheel on the carrier forward rake won't be much, but if there are plans for an aftermarket bumper and/or winch, add a .75" spacer to the front. Spread KY personal lubricant on the front bump stop shaft to make it easier to R&R the insulator. Be prepared for 1.5" to 2" front bump stop extension.

For the rear bump stop extension, OME makes a 20mm/.789" spacer that will cover that length shock, or add a stack of washers for much less cost.

BTW, store/stand Rancho shocks upright. I have a blue Jeep too, and I thought the white shocks with red boots looked great, at least with polished wheels. I vote to keep the shocks original appearance to start, just remove the decals. Springs are a lot of work to R&R, shocks not so much.
Teraflex makes a 1/2" spacer . I got these last week. Hope the pic makes sense.
20181023_135645.jpg

Reactions: Cal and JMT
Hey man, what are plugs? It’s not going to plug my fuel line is it? ;)

@JMT why dont you let me install a new set of plugs in your red beast while im there.
You don’t need to do that. My plugs seem fine right now. We’re going to be plenty busy that day anyway! We’re going to be whooped by the end of it, but it will be awesome!