05 Patriot Blue build

Have to replace the front u joints. While im in there it's a good idea ro replace the front wheel bearings since its got 102
Rhe Timken bearings came today $165 from amazon.
20181025_155957.jpg

Im doing this for the first time. The 36 mm spindle nut is torqued to 175 ft lbs!
My 1/2" breakover is fixin to get a workout...

20181025_155957.jpg

Reactions: b0xcar and JMT
Wow, those are nice. 175 ft/lbs is a lot. My torque wrench maxes out at 150.

Have to replace the front u joints. While im in there it's a good idea ro replace the front wheel bearings since its got 102
Rhe Timken bearings came today $165 from amazon.
View attachment 60210
Im doing this for the first time. The 36 mm spindle nut is torqued to 175 ft lbs!
My 1/2" breakover is fixin to get a workout...
Are you replacing the ball joints too? I need to get mine done as PM. I made it as far as putting the parts in the online shopping cart. Going to replace the U-joints, ball joints and bearings/hubs.

Are you replacing the ball joints too? I need to get mine done as PM. I made it as far as putting the parts in the online shopping cart. Going to replace the U-joints, ball joints and bearings/hubs.
No not yet, the P.O. said he did, but idk about that.
So i am replacing the bad front u joints and since i have to remove the front axles, i may as well install new Timken front units at 102k. That way I wont have to worry about it for10 or 15 more years or so.
Thats very good PM, replacing ball joints, do it if you are near 100k imo. It will keep trail probs to a minimm.

Reactions: b0xcar
Just turned over 103k today. 2 days ago I finished installing a new Moog ZJ tie rod upgrade $80; i also removed both axles and had a local driveshaft install new Spicer front drive axle u joints, labor was $80;
20181026_111044.jpg

While I had the axles out i decided to install new Timken front wheel hub bearing units, $165;
20181025_155957.jpg

Reactions: derekmac and b0xcar
Any progress?
Yes, got my 2" lift installed over the weekend with @JMT s help!
Installed 2" ProComp springs front and rear with Rancho 5000x shocks front and rear.
This is an after pic, ill have before and after comparison pics soon..
20181102_165242.jpg

I used .75" spacers on top of the front coil springs. Theres no rear seat at the moment and with it being a soft top is rides a hair high but not too noticeable.

Yes, got my 2" lift installed over the weekend with @JMT s help!
Installed 2" ProComp springs front and rear with Rancho 5000x shocks front and rear.
This is an after pic, ill have before and after comparison pics soon..
View attachment 62117
I used .75" spacers on top of the front coil springs. Theres no rear seat at the moment and with it being a soft top is rides a hair high but not too noticeable.
Can’t wait to see more angles of it and with bigger tires. What size tires are you thinking about?

Can’t wait to see more angles of it and with bigger tires. What size tires are you thinking about?
Yes ill have good before/after pics soon....
I go back and forth every other day between 32s and 33s. The jury is still out, i wont need tires probably till March so .... leaning 33s .

Reactions: Cal
Yes ill have good before/after pics soon....
I go back and forth every other day between 32s and 33s. The jury is still out, i wont need tires probably till March so .... leaning 33s .
I’ll be interested to see that because I’m leaving 32s with that exact same setup you’re running.

Reactions: KCsTJ
With 32s and a 2" lift you shouldnt need to worry about tire clearance problems, that combo should work nicely.
Yea I’m a little ways off from the 2” lift and 32 stage of my build but I’m happy to see someone running the exact same set up I’ve thought about running. Now just go with 32” super sea per TSLs to really let me see how it turns out. Haha.

So do you think if you had the rear seat in that it would bring the rear end to level?
Yes i do. I removed my rear seat because i carry supplies for my pool business.

If i put my rear seat back in, im sure the Jeep would level out nicely. Ive never weighed the rear seat, but carrying it into the house, its got to weigh 100 plus lbs...

I would recommend the 3/4" front spacers for your rig also, front only, whether you run with a back seat or not.

You may need to lower your TC. I didnt feel vibes at first but i do now a week later.

I actually netted about 2 3/4" up front so im happy about that.

I have 2 fender washers so far and may need to add 1 more so it looks line 3 layers of washers will eliminate vibes.
My 97 came with a 2" budget boost and it took adding 3 layers of washers at the TC to eliminate its vibes.

The ride now after 2 weeks, is firm... those ProComp springs are larger diameter, the Rancho shocks work great... the stock ride was a bit sqiushy for me.
This new 2" lift on my 05 is firm, and it handles better than stock, even tho the center of gravity is higher, it handles better especially around curves. :)

Reactions: Cal and JMT
Here is the before.....
View attachment 62329
... and the after 2" lift...
View attachment 62332
Im glad i used two 3/4" spacers on rop of the front coil springs, the spacers helped level the jeep since i roll with no rear seat.
Definitely doesn’t look like a little kid toy anymore! Larger tires will give it an even bigger transformation. Kyle has a BL if you want one. I think he’s giving it away.

Definitely doesn’t look like a little kid toy anymore! Larger tires will give it an even bigger transformation. Kyle has a BL if you want one. I think he’s giving it away.
I love the 2" lift, im glad i didnt go taller, for now. Its just perfect as my DD, for now.
Larger tires are on the menu for March 2019 sir!
Thanks for the heads up on the BL @JMT
Is that true @Kyle_W ? Do you have a BL for sale?
... a BL means i can run 33s... :) mercy

I love the 2" lift, im glad i didnt go taller, for now. Its just perfect as my DD, for now.
Larger tires are on the menu for March 2019 sir!
Thanks for the heads up on the BL @JMT
Is that true @Kyle_W ? Do you have a BL for sale?
... a BL means i can run 33s... :) mercy
No noo you want to run 32” KO2s on 15” Quadratec rubicon wheels. Haha.