05 Rubicon rollover rebuild

Justin's 05

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
On the 13 of January I rolled my near stock rubicon on the highway after dozing off and swirved like a madman when I found my right tire about going into the dirt. Turned left and back right into the dirt slid sideways in the dirt a few yards and must have hit a rock or hard patch that made her roll in the air blowing the bead on the left rear hit top in the dirt and hit top again on top of a young polo verde tree, rolled 180 degrees right back on the tires. By the look of it now I have myself a project. Before and after pics.

Glad to hear you are OK.
I am sure we have all experienced the nod off and adrenaline rush as we react.

Here in BC the Wrangler has one of the best safety ratings... as opposed to the spin of being unsafe. The insurance industry rates the chance of fatalities in an accident with 100 being average. 120 being more likely to kill... which is where pickup trucks in general score. 80 being more likely to survive an accident. The TJ scores 80 !!!! and my insurance premium is 25% less than a pickup for that reason.

Last edited:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I had a police officer come check it out because the driver front landed right on top of a barbed wire fence and I didn't know if it would be a felony offense if I was to cut it. He was alright with me cutting it but I had to get some tools first. The officer gave me a ride back home just 6 miles. And I waited for daylight. I went and got the pickup and a cordless angle grinder. Went ahead and cut that fence to the bottom wire and pulled her out a few feet so I could replace that rear tire. Replaced the rear tire and put it in 4 to get out of the ditch and. Back on the road. I knew that there was a road just up the road about 300 yards so I opt to take it there on her own power with the hardtop flopping around and the little bit of clear sight thru the windshield. I made it their probably turning heads as we went.

Got the jeep put away behind some bushes and went home for more tools. Well some times we have to do dumb things so instead of getting a trailer I just went ahead and lowered the windshield and took the bars to it off. And put the pieces of Hardtop in the back of the pickup. Glass shards were all over the dash and hood, well just everywhere. I figured I might just keep her slow on the highway so if something is really messed up I don't really kill myself. This is where the dumb part starts I get her on the road and she was doing good at 15 no issues at all. Took her 25 glass is starting to fly decided to see her at 35 well she was doing all right. I made sure she will stop. Then I took her to 55 with no windshield and glass shards flying and hitting my face as I keep my eyes squinted. Drove straight no sway just I bit noisy at the brakes because I think glass may have got in them. Drove for 6 miles to home no issue. Parked it in the carport and called it a day resting my sore back.

Damn! Well, it looks like it's as good as new again which is awesome. I'll bet that roll bar really saved you!

Damn! Well, it looks like it's as good as new again which is awesome. I'll bet that roll bar really saved you!
Oh no it's not done. That's an old picture of her last summer. The roll bar took a lot I was also lucky that I landed on mostly soft stuff

Reactions: Chris
Ohhhh, I thought that was a recent photo. You'll have to take some pictures of the progress you make with it.

Glad to hear you are OK.
I am sure we have all experienced the nod off and adrenaline rush as we react.

I have never experienced the nod off because I know that fatigued driving can be just as dangerous as drunk driving and is irresponsible as I could kill myself or someone else.

Justin I'm glad you're okay. Please be safe buddy!

I woke up in the middle of a corn field behind the wheel on my company Dodge Power Wagon still doing about 50. Well that was 1967. :(

Jeeps are tough. I rebuilt a 2000 that drove over the top of a Toyota in Portland. Not too difficult and my neighbor is still driving it. Like I said Jeeps are tough! Good luck! Let's us know how it's going.