05 Sport build (Mid Life Crisis)

My mechanical t case linkage is history. I’ve been manually shifting it so I bought the savvy cable.

D1CFE731-54BF-4C26-9441-26CEEEEE4B47.png

Reactions: JMT
So after the savvy CA install I’ve noticed some vibes at 30mph-40mph and feels like the front end. I’ve already rebuilt the driveshaft and today at lunch I measured the pinion angles.
Front
DS=11*
Axle housing=6*

Rear
DS =22*
Axle=21*

I am assuming I need to adjust the front by rotating the pinion up around 2-2.5* or until the pinion is 1* higher than the DS..
what I have read is pinion angle is more important than caster.

Reactions: JMT
I adjusted the lower control arms 2.5 turns and got
DS 11*
Axle 10*
I test drove it and all but very little vibes went away. I had to adjust lower arms cause I couldn’t get an adjustable on the nut (body side) on the upper CA.I might have to chop an adjustable wrench down and make a stubby. The bottoms are maxed out on adjustment to shorten. I need to get them uppers loose to adjust it some more.
I had to abounded mission to take my kid to dr.
Also need to align the toe in.

Adjusted pinion angle front and back. Both are within 1*. It helped but still have small vibes at 30-40mph. Then I adjusted the toe.
I also found a small amount of play in the passenger’s axel u-joint.

4933DAF3-502E-4A43-A57D-7E8ADEC7E291.jpeg

Working on the vibes. First I took the drive shaft out and test drove.
Felt better but they are still there. Vibes start at 30 mph just like before.
Next I rotated the tires in X pattern.
Test drove and the vibes are gone. This leads me to believe that the tires are out of balance. The Jeep is still darty though.
Tomorrow I’ll put the drive shaft back in and see what happens.
I need to adjust the front pinion again to see if I can get the darty feel to go away.

So the vibes are not gone.:mad: I don't know why it feels like it drives worse in the early mornings. I'll adjust the pinion some and it feels decent in the evening and I'll take it to work and feel worse. I noticed yesterday the rear DS has a very small amount of play in the slip yoke. Not sure if it could cause my vibes. They are during hard acceleration from 30 up. It feels like its coming from the front. I noticed a small amount of play in the passenger axle u-joint so I ordered new ones to swap in.
I Need to remove the rear shaft and test drive. Maybe its out of balance.

Thank God !! I think so found my vibration. I took the rear DS out and inspected it, nothing obvious jumps out. I grabbed an 1 1/8 socket and torqued the transfer yoke nut about a turn and a half.

Test drove about a quarter of mile down the road and I won’t do that again ! The front locked up the hole time and was scary as heck.
Put the rear shaft back in and test drove and vibes seem gone. I need to drive it in the morning Monday to really see.
My son and I did an alignment real quick and straighten the wheel,

Drove the Jeep to my father in laws to watch Ga beat the Vols 😁 and not a hint of vibes for the 15 mile trip.
It’s fun to drive again.but the front is darty, tracks with the road and hardly has return to center.
I know the steering box is loose so maybe that.

• Sad
Reactions: NashvilleTJ