05 Sport build (Mid Life Crisis)

Took the Kiddos out to the playground in the Jeep.

35A5FFE0-C9A0-4B7D-B9B3-F3A9F51D6051.jpeg

Spent this weekend spraying the fenders/armor color match spray paint. It only cost around 100$ bucks so I’ll see how long it will last. I had to run to 3 different cities to source all the flame red I could find. 7 cans is what it took. I also sprayed satin black under the Jeep. Looks good in the garage hope it does in the sun.
I also removed the winch to spray the bumper and frame. I will be rerouting the solenoids and wring.
I’m thinking about switching to synthetic rope too. I have never ran rope so any thoughts are welcome.

4B943A35-DE1B-4AE8-9F65-D312AB6C9D33.jpeg

086FD060-96E8-41DA-9FB0-5209D82E0827.jpeg

1A6971FE-0F13-4204-87D8-9BCED0E8FDD9.jpeg

FA12AB70-9ECA-448A-87FA-3695B06DCD53.jpeg

183DEBA1-88F9-47EE-A297-10AF69142CBE.jpeg

Seems like every time I work on this Jeep I run the battery down leaving the doors open😡I am not pulling the fuse( can’t stand opening a door and no lights) so I bought this to charge the battery while or after working on it.
So the reason I worked on the Jeep is audio. The PO installed kicker speakers and a kicker sub with a crappy dual head unit. I took the sub out and wired in a Sony 502 amp to the rear speakers to get alittle more sound out of them. And when I went to see how they sounded…dead battery.
So I charged it over night with the new charger.

1DC4F9CA-0045-4D6A-BF1A-5DD9FF531D1A.png

Reactions: thekidwithquestions
Seems like every time I work on this Jeep I run the battery down leaving the doors open😡I am not pulling the fuse( can’t stand opening a door and no lights) so I bought this to charge the battery while or after working on it.
So the reason I worked on the Jeep is audio. The PO installed kicker speakers and a kicker sub with a crappy dual head unit. I took the sub out and wired in a Sony 502 amp to the rear speakers to get alittle more sound out of them. And when I went to see how they sounded…dead battery.
So I charged it over night with the new charger.
I did that a few times till I pulled the fuse.

funny story actually, when I got the Jeep it had the fuse taken out and I thought heck I'll put it back in, I'm not careless enough to leave the doors open... that night I left the doors open 🙃

I'm actually impressed with the paint job on the fenders. Can you explain how you did it? I assume you had to sand them down and prep for paint. Did you end up removing them from the Jeep?

I'm actually impressed with the paint job on the fenders. Can you explain how you did it? I assume you had to sand them down and prep for paint. Did you end up removing them from the Jeep?
First I washed them with dawn/water and let dry. Then I tapped them off and cleaned with alcohol to remove oils and such. Then started with very light coats of spray paint, Then moved on to heavy coats with around 15 mins between coats. there are at least 7-8 coats per fender. It took me around 6 hrs. I just hope it holds for awhile. My father in law owns a body shop so in time I'll have him spray the whole Jeep. I'll probably spray the rocker armor also.

Reactions: Wildman