05 TJ LED modification

hoochieman

Well, I decided to upgrade my turn signals and brakes, and back-up lights, mostly because I'm old and they're much brighter. (really because they look cool) did the back and they worked (emergency flashers anyway),... Got to the front and hit the "signal grounds thru the side marker light, oh and by the way, it's all controlled thru "canbus". I spent about a week trying everything I know (I'm a retired electrical controls designer) I finally said f@%# it and put everything back LIKE IT WAS. I should tell you now that it was working perfectly before the "upgrade" Now I have parklights but no signals or em flashers, and I have no brake lights. I have replaced the flasher module on the steering column, and have checked the fuses

I'll take any advise no matter how simple or silly it may sound. I'm falling into a supermassive jeep black hole...... once I pass theu the event horizon, that's it help me

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
as I stated, I put everything back like it was, (incandescent), from the factory, as I was sick of fooling with it. as for using the side marker lights during the LED install, simply changing the flasher won't do it, in fact I have 3 different new ones I'd be happy to sell you. now everything is just like it left the factory in 2005, except I have no flashers, nor turn signals!

@hoochieman, read your post and I think I understand. First thing I'd do is check all the bulbs, those dual filaments can cause issues if they aren't in just right and sometimes you just plain get the wrong one in there somehow. Make sure you've got the high pin the correct direction and all that crap. That's the first thing I'd check.