05 Unlimited in VA

Bucknhi

New member but have been lurking here for a while. Owned a 4cyl. yj for a while a few years ago and decided it was time for a wrangler with a 6 cyl. and coil springs. I found a lot of great info here that helped me decide what i wanted in a jeep. Recently purchased an 05 unlimited with a 6 speed and 130k miles. It has a 3" spacer lift and bushwacker flares. Pretty much stock otherwise.
Mike
20171127_162828.jpg 20171127_162800.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Nice find! I have the 6-speed too and have learned to like it quite well. Shifting into 2nd is a little rough sometimes, but the gearing is is a happy medium between the Rubi and everything else, you can just crawl in that low first gear. What do you have planned for it?

Nice upgrade from the YJ 4 cylinder to the TJ 4.0! How are you liking it so far over your old YJ?

Welcome to the forum! Nice find! I have the 6-speed too and have learned to like it quite well. Shifting into 2nd is a little rough sometimes, but the gearing is is a happy medium between the Rubi and everything else, you can just crawl in that low first gear. What do you have planned for it?

I ordered a set of ome hd springs for it yesterday to get rid of the budget lift. When the 32's wear out I would like to move up to some 33x10.5 at's. Trying to decide on a new top, as the rampage has seen better days.
On flat ground I start in 2nd a lot. The 4.0L handles that easy.
Thanks for the welcome.
Mike

Nice upgrade from the YJ 4 cylinder to the TJ 4.0! How are you liking it so far over your old YJ?

Night and day. The yj was stock when I got it. Run good and rode good. Installed some 2.5" used lift springs and 32's. Seemed like it cut the power in half and it rode like a dump truck. Have been looking for a tj/lj for a while but I am cheap and like to find a deal. This one turned up at a Volvo dealership of all places and for a decent price.
Mike

Reactions: Chris