06 Impact Orange LJ Build

Pokey02

I have never done a build post before, so here goes nothing ...

A little background: I have owned a jeep since 2002. I currently have a 2013 JKUR and a 2006 LJ. I use the 2013 JKUR for road trip wheeling adventures since I don't own a tow rig (yet). Anyway, I've always had a fondness for the LJ and well, orange is my favorite color, so I decided I needed another jeep project. A few years ago I found a 2006 impact orange LJ for sale in Oklahoma ... exchanged a few emails and phone calls with the dealer and decided to buy it. I flew to Oklahoma, bought the jeep and drove it home to Virginia.

It had 83K miles on it and was in pretty good condition. It needed a new soft top, but that was an easy thing to replace.

Here it is the day I drove it home:
80880fc0d68b620ffe2e1a01cee1475dx.jpg 2a32a2e285da1980693e8a02d958b44ax.jpg

And here comes the mods ...

3" Currie/Savvy lift, Savvy tummy tuck, Savvy gas tank skid, Savvy LED tail lights

And some other tidbits:
1.25" bodylift
Poison Spyder Rear Diff Cover Dana 44
Barnett Performance Products front diff cover Dana 30
Mopar 4pin trailer connector
RB1 stereo (wanted something stock looking since I only have a softtop)

after the lift (no tires/wheels yet)

20150815_122113.jpg

20160820_180520.jpg

Exogate:
20151011_143145_Evershot Dr.jpg

20150912_185315_Evershot Dr.jpg

20150913_130706_Huguenot Rd.jpg

20150821_212811.jpg

Last edited:
Seat covers:
20150929_184417.jpg

Currently has 33" tires on 15" rims. It has the auto trans; I had it regeared to 4.88. I will move to a 35" tire at some point, granted the gearing might not be ideal with the OD of the auto.

20150913_130625_Huguenot Rd.jpg

Edit: I should add that when the jeep was regeared I also had lockers installed. Dana 30 has an ARB and Dana 44 has a Detroit.

Last edited:
I have a Savvy front bumper currently at the powdercoater and Savvy LJ skids to be delivered this week. And I found a Warn 9.5ti on Craigslist a while back.

Steering components and axle shafts are next on the list. I am eyeing the Vanco brake upgrade prior to the move to 35s.

Great jeep!

It seems I am literally just down the road from you here on the south side. Where did you have your regear done?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pokey02
Great jeep!

It seems I am literally just down the road from you here on the south side. Where did you have your regear done?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The regear was done by Independent4x. They also installed lockers while the axles were undergoing surgery.

Lately, I've been using Trailtec4x4 for some mods on my JKUR.

Wheredyagetit?

Good question! If memory serves, it was an outfit in Europe. Let me see if I can find the details on the purchase and I will post the info here.

Oddly, I find having a padded armrest makes me more comfortable while driving .. even long drives up to PA.

Good question! If memory serves, it was an outfit in Europe. Let me see if I can find the details on the purchase and I will post the info here.

Oddly, I find having a padded armrest makes me more comfortable while driving .. even long drives up to PA.
Thanks! Let me know what you find out. I ordered this:
J104242?$mproductios$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

Which is a harder foam, adds a little height to the console lid, and is a bit more comfortable, but pales in comparison (at least by the photo) to the cover you posted...

Thanks! Let me know what you find out. I ordered this:
View attachment 44763
Which is a harder foam, adds a little height to the console lid, and is a bit more comfortable, but pales in comparison (at least by the photo) to the cover you posted...

Yours is probably more cost effective than a leather one from redlinegoods.com. But, I was really happy with the comfort added by having a padded armrest .. sounds silly, I know. Just made a huge difference for me!

Anyone reading this thread have an opinion on wheel size for a 35" tire? Am thinking 16 or 17" rim so I have plenty of room for a Vanco brake upgrade.

I have Method wheels on my JKUR and could do similar on the LJ. I'd prefer a wheel with a rock ring of sorts ... the wheels on my JKUR have lots of rock rash and no rock ring. This doesn't really bother me since it goes along with the hobby, but wheels aren't cheap either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Finally got the Savvy front bumper installed. Picked up a Warn 9.5ti off craigslist a while back. Once I get back in town, the fairlead and synthetic winch line will be installed.
20180702_100427.jpeg
20180701_123014.jpeg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Anyone reading this thread have an opinion on wheel size for a 35" tire? Am thinking 16 or 17" rim so I have plenty of room for a Vanco brake upgrade.

I have Method wheels on my JKUR and could do similar on the LJ. I'd prefer a wheel with a rock ring of sorts ... the wheels on my JKUR have lots of rock rash and no rock ring. This doesn't really bother me since it goes along with the hobby, but wheels aren't cheap either.

35’s with 16 or 17’s look good IMO. I prefer a beadlocked 17 from WE or Raceline

Last edited: