'06 Impact Orange LJR Build

Saturday morning I went in and got the MML installed. Pretty straight forward other that the typical pain on the drivers side with limited space. Was a bit of a maze getting the stock mount and bracket snaked out, then even trickier with the new lifted mount on it going back in, but all in all went well. I put the fuel filler back together and that is noticeably tighter. Need to do the fuel filler mod and leave it a tad longer. Best of all no more fan interference and i drove it home!

I know...
This thread is worthless without pics

Well here are a few more of the goods
20170521_192451.jpg

These all got some antiseize on them when I put it back together. I used to think that a body lift is so simple why pay for one when it would be so easy to just cut up and drill some aluminum stock. Well after looking at the Savvy one and how these are cupped on the bottom and domed on the top to fit perfectly in place along with being nicely anodized I can't imagine getting close to making something similar including new bolts and washers for the time and money.

20170521_192522.jpg

Brown Dog Passenger 1" rubber MML
20170521_192537.jpg

Brown Dog driver side 1" rubber MML
These things look built great. I was considering the SFR (Stinky Fab Racing) ones but I like the way the bracing is done on these better.

Reactions: JMT and Rob5589
Saturday morning I went in and got the MML installed. Pretty straight forward other that the typical pain on the drivers side with limited space. Was a bit of a maze getting the stock mount and bracket snaked out, then even trickier with the new lifted mount on it going back in, but all in all went well. I put the fuel filler back together and that is noticeably tighter. Need to do the fuel filler mod and leave it a tad longer. Best of all no more fan interference and i drove it home!
On the MM, I'm thinking I'll just cut that bolt on the driver's side and replace it with some new grade 8. Do you know what thread that is? I'm driving an 05' with the 4.0.

On the MM, I'm thinking I'll just cut that bolt on the driver's side and replace it with some new grade 8. Do you know what thread that is? I'm driving an 05' with the 4.0.
Which bolt are you asking about? It would be tough to get up in there. It is pretty tight with the intake manifold etc. on the top side and the driveshaft and upper control arm on the bottom side. Are your bolts siezed?

Which bolt are you asking about? It would be tough to get up in there. It is pretty tight with the intake manifold etc. on the top side and the driveshaft and upper control arm on the bottom side. Are your bolts siezed?
Sorry, the bolt that is running through the MM bushing on the driver's side. It's the one you can't get out because it keeps hitting the AC.

You could always remove the block bracket to avoid cutting it.
This is exactly what I did. It went pretty smooth actually. Getting a ratchet on those bracket bolts is good from below, then a long extention from top and bottom to get the MM loose and with the weight off the wheels the whole thing snakes out through the wheel well above the upper control arm.

Reactions: Rob5589
This is exactly what I did. It went pretty smooth actually. Getting a ratchet on those bracket bolts is good from below, then a long extention from top and bottom to get the MM loose and with the weight off the wheels the whole thing snakes out through the wheel well above the upper control arm.
I can do that. I was just thinking I could avoid removing the bracket and using red loctite ($7) on the three bracket bolts on re-install. Thought it might be quite a bit faster too...I.e cheaper. I've got a sawzall with a thick metal blade that could eat right through it...

Couple things I didn't prepare better for was cleaning and prepping the rusted spots where the stock skid mounts against the frame. I wire brushed and used scotch brite then hit it with some self etching primer and satin black. Also, doing the Rubicon locker pump relocate. Need to research some of the options as mine are just zip tied up to the back of the transfer case right now.
20170527_165528.jpg

Reactions: Rob5589