06 Jeep Wrangler X Bad Miss fire

DAMN... So they sent you another bad ECU?
I went thru exactly that same BS with my conversion. 3 ECUs. Before they got it working. BTW the computer thinks it is controlling a 2010 Express Van 3500 with a 4.3 Vortec. Not even close!

Reactions: Chris
Well, I've had similar things happen. The ABS / DSC module on my BMW M5 went bad. I ordered a new one, installed it, coded it to the vehicle only to find I was still getting all sorts of error codes and lights on the dash.

I come to find out that the 'new' unit they sent me was faulty!

So, I guess the moral of the story is just because you buy a 'new' replacement part, doesn't mean it can't be faulty.

Around 20. I just can't resist kicking it in the ass. Seriously though I am beating the hell out of it to find any weakness before heading to the Rubicon this summer followed by 2 months in Moab. Don't want to find problems then!

They have a hell of a lot to do there besides wheeling. One of my favorite golf courses!

Ahhh, I had no idea. Sounds like fun! One of these days when the kids are older I'll make it down there.

Ahhh, I had no idea. Sounds like fun! One of these days when the kids are older I'll make it down there.
Warning: Temporary thread hijack.

There is absolutely fabulous wheeling for all levels.

A short trip puts you in Telluride, Co. Golf course in Monticello is fabulous as is Moab's.

Two National Parks within 30 minutes and one Great State Park-— Where Thelma and Louise was filmed. 3 more national parks very close. Good jump off point for Grand Canyon.

In the winter Aspen and other ski areas are within a day's drive. I must sound like the Chamber of Commernce but the place is fabulous. As is the trout fly fishing in the nearby mountains in the summer. We feel robbed if we spend less than 30 days at a time.

I have been wheeling there since leading the Colorado 4 Wheelers there from Colorado Springs in 1983.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry for the interrupt!;)

Last edited:
Warning: Temporary thread hijack. There is absolutely fabulous wheeling for all levels. A short trip puts you in Telluride, Co. Golf course in Monticello is fabulous as is Moab's. Two National Parks within 30 minutes and one Great State Park-— where Thelma and Louise was filmed. 3 more national parks very close. Good jump off point for Grand Camyon. In the winter Aspen and other ski areas within a day's drive. I must sound like the Chamber of Commernce but the place. We feel robbed if we can't spend less than 30 days at a time. I have been wheeling there since leading the Colorado 4 Wheelers there from Colorado Springs in 1983.
Back to your regularly scheduled thread. Sorry for the interrupt!;)

Now if only it wasn't for the horrible air quality... Or does that not affect those areas?

@hotolds442 let me pick at your brain some got the new ECU in and well it worked for a 20 minute test drive and went right back to 3 and 4 not working again sometimes when you first start it it will run good for say 30 seconds then bam back to bad miss fire

Do you know what it was that caused your ECU to go bad in the first place?

I'm asking because if it's something like submersion (in water), that would make me thing it could have fried other components of your electrical system.