06 LJ Block Cast Number

shelbyjeep

Hey ya'll,

I have a 2006 Jeep TJ unlimited/auto with around 285,000 miles. She is my first car and I treat her like a princess. Nevertheless, I am curious if someone can help me decipher that block that I have on this particular Jeep. It is apparent that the previous owner took good care of her, but I refuse to believe this 4.0 has gone this far without being swapped or rebuilt to some capacity. I know these are considered to be bulletproof engines, but I have not had a single issue with this vehicle, and she has been in my possession for about 4 years. I just believe I would've had some issues by now if this was the original motor. She is my daily driver, and I have a keen sense for her different knocks and noises. I could be completely wrong and am unknowingly in the possession of the best built 4.0, but I'll take my chances. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks

*if picture does not display correctly, the image is from the drivers side, about halfway up the block. It shows the letters "TM" with block number ( 040705 ) *

Jeep pic.JPG

I had a YJ with a 4.0l that was at 289k miles when I sold it still running strong, another with 250K when I traded it for the TJ, which, itself is now fast approaching 200k miles. My kid had an XJ that was at about 325k miles when he gave it away to someone in his church.
Keep the oil changed and don't worry about it.