06 LJ refrigerant capacity

Jerry W

The engine compartment sticker for the R134a capacity on my 2006 LJ is gone. I believe it was on the radiator.
After hours of searching online I've found a couple A/C spec tables and for 05-06 4.0L they say to look at the sticker.
Does anyone know what the capacity is for 05-06?

Thanks for trying to help Toby. I found the linked table and another.
"See Under Hood Decal" refers to the quantity of refrigerant.
"6.10 Oz." is the quantity of PAG 46 compressor oil for the system.
I do not have the under hood decal, thus the reason for my post asking if anyone knows the quantity of refrigerant for 05-06 TJs.
I suspect there were different systems installed during these years.
If anyone has an '05 or '06 TJ Unlimited Rubicon and an under hood decal, I'd like to know what quantity of refrigerant is called out.
Thanks again.

Reactions: Toby Delahoussaye
Thanks for trying to help Toby. I found the linked table and another.
"See Under Hood Decal" refers to the quantity of refrigerant.
"6.10 Oz." is the quantity of PAG 46 compressor oil for the system.
I do not have the under hood decal, thus the reason for my post asking if anyone knows the quantity of refrigerant for 05-06 TJs.
I suspect there were different systems installed during these years.
If anyone has an '05 or '06 TJ Unlimited Rubicon and an under hood decal, I'd like to know what quantity of refrigerant is called out.
Thanks again.

I know that this is an old string but I thought someone else may need the answer eventually. So, in 05 and 06 the refrigerant and refrigerant oil capacities label was placed on the radiators top tank. Of course, the vast majority of those OE radiators are long gone by now. The FSM and all of the printed and on-line sources I could find say "Refer to underhood label" for the refrigerant capacity for 05 and 06 TJs. All 2001-2004 TJs take 20 oz of R134a and 6.10 oz of PAG46. In comparing part numbers of the compressors, accumulators, condensers, evaporators and hose assemblies for 2004 TJs to those for 2005 and 2006 TJs there is no difference. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "same exact system, same capacities. 20 oz of R134a and 6.10 oz of PAG46."

I know that this is an old string but I thought someone else may need the answer eventually. So, in 05 and 06 the refrigerant and refrigerant oil capacities label was placed on the radiators top tank. Of course, the vast majority of those OE radiators are long gone by now. The FSM and all of the printed and on-line sources I could find say "Refer to underhood label" for the refrigerant capacity for 05 and 06 TJs. All 2001-2004 TJs take 20 oz of R134a and 6.10 oz of PAG46. In comparing part numbers of the compressors, accumulators, condensers, evaporators and hose assemblies for 2004 TJs to those for 2005 and 2006 TJs there is no difference. So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "same exact system, same capacities. 20 oz of R134a and 6.10 oz of PAG46."

You’ll get better responses if you post a new thread. This one is 5 years old.