06 LJ Rubicon with 15k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they're proud of all their vehicles, including a 2006 SE for almost $17K. Good grief!

Yeah that dealership here in AZ loves to price their Jeeps crazy high. It's interesting to follow them to see the low mileage Jeeps they bring in. Too bad I'm not able to buy any of those TJs or LJs from the auctions the dealership buys them from.

Reactions: Jamison C
The thing about them is that the jeeps aren’t always that clean either. I forget the name of the place down south that people like. The jeeps there are pricey but there isn’t a blemish on them. I’ve seen jeeps at this dealer with stains in the upholstery, carpet and seats missing, scratches, weird decals, etc.

The thing about them is that the jeeps aren’t always that clean either. I forget the name of the place down south that people like. The jeeps there are pricey but there isn’t a blemish on them. I’ve seen jeeps at this dealer with stains in the upholstery, carpet and seats missing, scratches, weird decals, etc.
Are you talking about Redrock motors in TX? He gets some nice ones.

Are you talking about Redrock motors in TX? He gets some nice ones.
Yes that's the one. I've seen some of the jeeps at AZ Specialty Motors and just because you're getting low mileage doesn't mean you're getting clean. They just ride on the fact that jeeps fetch a high dollar here in AZ. Redrock Motors' jeeps are always pristine.

Reactions: Starrs
This specific LJR looks pretty nice though. I would expect it to be at 15k miles.

Reactions: Starrs
Do you think they do any repairs on body to get them to look like that?
There is a local guy here that sells super clean Jeeps but I know he is repainting/repairing a lot of stuff.

Nice one for sure! I wouldn't pay that price though personally. Still, it's nice!

In my other life (aviation) airplanes that have sat for years with little use generally are not a good deal. A high-time machine that has been flown regularly and maintained well is generally a better bet than a low-time hangar queen. Do you suppose the same thing could be said about Jeeps?

In my other life (aviation) airplanes that have sat for years with little use generally are not a good deal. A high-time machine that has been flown regularly and maintained well is generally a better bet than a low-time hangar queen. Do you suppose the same thing could be said about Jeeps?
A lot of jeeps tend to be weekend warriors or leisure vehicles. IMO they get run enough to prevent things from falling apart or gunking up from neglect.

Yes, this is true about anything with an I.C.E.

There was a story years back about a guy who bought an 2001 E39 M5 (BMW) with 5k original miles. He paid a shit ton of money, and shortly after buying it (once he started driving it) he began having countless numbers of engine problems. Oil leaks, coolant leaks, etc.

He had to end up taking the engine out and replacing every major seal, gasket, etc., which on a BMW costs a small fortune.

The moral of the story is that if you let a vehicle sit and those gaskets don't get lubrication, they actually start to rot and go bad.

60k miles on an vehicle like this is one thing, but 15k miles is actually something I would be concerned about. From a collectors stand point, it makes sense, but if you intend on driving it, buy one with more miles on it, unless you want to start replacing everything.

When it comes to engines, sitting is actually worse than driving IMHO.

Reactions: Jamison C
Funny you should mention that haha. I bought my previous 2005 TJR from a pilot, and he had it stored at his vacation home in OH. The guy always dealt with Tom O’Brien the Jeep dealership in Greenwood IN. When I bought it it had 19,000 miles. Not a thing wrong with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.