06 Rubicon lockers not working

By tuners, are you talking handheld tuners or tuning shops? If handheld, any suggestions on particular brands?
Tuners as in send the PCM to a tuner who has the R&D DRB with the program to download or a custom tuner who is familiar and can do it. We have used Chris at Christuned but he is terrible to get in touch with, awesome tuner though.

Reactions: Chapman4266
Hopefully it is the mode switch on the t-case. The bypass to allow the lockers to function in all modes will solve the issue. I don't do that because I prefer the system to work like it should.
I don’t want to bypass anything. I want it to work like it was intended to as well.

I like the idea mentioned earlier of “laying hands “ on the compressors .

I’m from the Bible Belt ....”foul spirits of non locking differentials come ouuuuttt!!”

Hopefully it is the mode switch on the t-case. The bypass to allow the lockers to function in all modes will solve the issue. I don't do that because I prefer the system to work like it should.
I found the switch,I think. The plug was not plugged in and one of the wires was broken at the plug. It’s a pain in the butt to get to for sure. I’m going to hopefully fix the plug, but there’s nothing sticking out of it. Broke off flush. Am I pretty much stuck with getting parts from wrecking yards or is there a place that I can get pigtails if I can’t repair the plug?

I found the switch,I think. The plug was not plugged in and one of the wires was broken at the plug. It’s a pain in the butt to get to for sure. I’m going to hopefully fix the plug, but there’s nothing sticking out of it. Broke off flush. Am I pretty much stuck with getting parts from wrecking yards or is there a place that I can get pigtails if I can’t repair the plug?
Hard to say without seeing it. You must have a belly up of some kind for that to happen. Try pulling the console and shifter floor plate. You can reach it that way probably a bit easier. Not sure on the pigtail.

Reactions: Chapman4266
Hard to say without seeing it. You must have a belly up of some kind for that to happen. Try pulling the console and shifter floor plate. You can reach it that way probably a bit easier. Not sure on the pigtail.
Not sure what you mean by belly up, but the Jeep is stock as far as I know. The switch I’m talking about is on top of the transfer case driver side of center. It’s a foot or more behind the shifter just left of center.

Not sure what you mean by belly up, but the Jeep is stock as far as I know. The switch I’m talking about is on top of the transfer case driver side of center. It’s a foot or more behind the shifter just left of center.
Typically the reason the connector or wiring gets cut is the belly has moved the t-case up high enough to hit something under the tub. If that isn't the case, that would be very odd since there is a fair bit of room over the mode switch.

Typically the reason the connector or wiring gets cut is the belly has moved the t-case up high enough to hit something under the tub. If that isn't the case, that would be very odd since there is a fair bit of room over the mode switch.
From what I can see/feel, there’s a few inches(6 or so) above the switch. It looks like someone pulled the plug but yanked on the wire before finding the clip that holds it on. Thanks for the explanation.

While working on an exhaust problem, since I had the skid plate off, I noticed a broken wire at the pigtail for the 4wd switch. It was broken flush with the plug. I took the plug apart and reused the factory spade inside the plug to put new wire on it. Put it back together and I now have a 4wd light! Front and rear lockers working as the factory intended. I am beyond satisfied. Now to continue to chase my vibration 😕. Thanks mr Blaine and everyone else. Awesome bit of help. Lockers engaged!

Lockers had been working as intended until a couple days ago when I took a ride. I can get both f&r lights to flash, then only the front quits flashing and goes solid. The rear continues to flash. Have not jacked it up to check. I have driven 100 yards or so swerving to try to get it to lock, but it just kept flashing. Again, I am not sure if it’s locking or if it’s just a light issue. My gut tells me it’s not the light. I think it’s a sensor issue or something worse. Any ideas?