06 TJ Build

I have seen pickle forks do too much damage. Instead just put a punch in the center of the tie rod bolt and smack it hard with a good size hammer. No damage to the threads and it pops right out.

I have seen pickle forks do too much damage. Instead just put a punch in the center of the tie rod bolt and smack it hard with a good size hammer. No damage to the threads and it pops right out.
I've seen them do damage too. I'm not going to use it for the tie rod. I need to pry off the front track bar.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Stinger
I got to finally sell my old bumper today. I modified it and installed it on a friends CJ. The CJ is on a 4" lift plus 1" body lift with 37s. So it was 1.5 ft higher than mine when they were pulled up next to each other.
uploadfromtaptalk1461459213293.jpg

Reactions: Chris
I just managed to get a bestop half top and I'm very excited. A member of a local jeep club is selling it for $100. Since the original price is $650 I think that's pretty great! It may need some new hardware, but for that price I couldn't turn it down. Now I just have to relocate the sound bar to be above my head, it will help with not having to crank the music as well.
Now I'll have a daily driver top and a trail top.

You'll be happy with anything Bestop. Being as though they are the OE supplier to Jeep, their stuff fits just like factory!

Reactions: Stinger
You'll be happy with anything Bestop. Being as though they are the OE supplier to Jeep, their stuff fits just like factory!
I'm excited to put it on. I need to get a window for it though. It only has mesh right now, but I'm sure they sell replacement windows. I feel like the cab will be warmer in the winters being smaller as well

Picked up some metalcloak rear fender flares today for dirt cheap. Now I just have to get the mounting plate and install them.
There was slight surface rust, but it came off easily.
a2907249b4d8d1c6dd948af63313e8e2.jpg

Primer coat
3968da7785f7b1575ad6220feb8b6d86.jpg

I have added a lot to my list of projects for the jeep this summer. Until college starts I'm balancing 4 jobs (gotta love manual labor and farm work!!) that help with some jeep addictions while paying off tuition. Now I just need to find a build day!

Nice man, those look like brand new. Did you media blast them or just rough them up with some sand paper?

Reactions: joshself
Nice man, those look like brand new. Did you media blast them or just rough them up with some sand paper?
I used a cheap scuff pad from autozone and took about 30 minutes on each to make sure I hit every spot. There was no rust left afterwards. Then I cleaned up the fine particles/shavings with xylene. Finally I did two coats of primer with a 4 hour dry time in between. Paint will be in the morning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not really a "build" update, but I got the kayaks loaded up for a nice day tomorrow. I've done this countless times and it always works just as well as a rack or the trailer

d395dd0f6cfb555c1c026a1907761c93.jpg

b824b307daed6bf9267f09d24bf8b2a5.jpg

d6960ff41fae5bbd70c2bad46fcffb1a.jpg

Finally got the Moog tie rod ends for the new tie rod (maybe now I'll finally install it) and put a new gasket in the throttle body. The old one was cracking.
403500955a1d2eb2c24fc7178ea4efea.jpg

80eb9d5db235ab59e9804b550bc6be97.jpg

e38e61bc30ffd426263243c16f900844.jpg

I'm getting ready to order an on board air system. Probably Viair since I've heard great reveiws on them. When I was under the jeep last night inspecting parts and checking recent installs I found a good spot for the tank.

I want to put it in front of the gas tank, but my only concern is if the differential will hit the tank while flexing. That and if the moisture release valve will work being mounted upside down under the jeep. Those are my main concerns, I have some more stuff to figure out.

Hopefully I'll be doing a 1 inch body lift sometime so it would get it farther away from everything if I went this route.

3d0b5522899316af72917d079fe34f38.jpg

Hmmm, that would also be a concern for me as well, the differential hitting during some serious flexing. I think the body lift might aid that a bit, but I'm not sure. Have you thought about just turning your AC into on-board air?

Reactions: joshself