06 TJ Build

Hmmm, that would also be a concern for me as well, the differential hitting during some serious flexing. I think the body lift might aid that a bit, but I'm not sure. Have you thought about just turning your AC into on-board air?
I've considered converting the AC, but for now I'd like to keep it working (until it's a trail rig one day). I could also mount the tank to the rear wheel well since I usually don't keep the back seat in. Only problem with that is I wouldn't be able to mount my truck top that I got really cheap. I could sell that top for close to the price it's worth and do another top though if I went that route.

If I do it under the jeep I could weld a skid plate and get it away from the differential by moving it forward. I just need to know if the moisture release will work mounted that way

Reactions: Chris
Not sure about the moisture release, but the skid plate is definitely a wise idea for sure.

I'm with you on the AC. I don't think I've ever once used my AC, but I like having it there incase I need it. Not to mention it does add some value to the vehicle (in my opinion).

Reactions: joshself
Many updates lately, I guess that's a good thing:
-Ordered Viair constant duty on board air system along with extra plumbing and parts
-ordered tire fill up regulator and tire deflator
-picked up some 4awg wire to beef up my accessory fuse block as well so it can run the air compressor and everything else if it truly had to.
-finally got parts for a second custom switch panel in front of the shifter towards the dash. It will take place of the tray area I hope.

Oh man, am I excited! I got my Onboard Air system today and I'm eager to install it.
I decided I want to mount it somewhere inside my jeep because a good friend reminded me of the winters here in Ohio and the road salt.
I'm going to weld a bracket to sit on the wheel well most likely so it will not take up too much cargo space. I'll then have quick connects at the front and rear of the jeep for air.
d89606d40a688f8c1e01856e6b6de9a2.jpg

Probably located here:
f59e0f39d24e16c0d35a3d226f2f3790.jpg

f44fcc2f8351a53749e71fa8f7c15960.jpg

Summer build list update (not much change);

Here are the parts/projects I have all or most of the supplies for:
-adjustable track bars (front/rear)
-heavy duty tie rod with Moog ends
-3rd rear blinder (welding bracket Thursday)
- A-pillar lights (drilled out stick torx bits tonight)
-Moog sway bar bushings
-Rocklights (just need to wire already set up)
-waterproof seats ans roll bar covers (very easy)
-kill switch (mock up ready just needs hardwired)
-sand/paint upper door frames
-relocate air intake to cowl (picked up windstar airbox today)
-relocate sound pod (for halftop)
-metalcloak rear fender flares
-Viair constant duty system (fabricating bracket Thursday)

Next are the projects I'm indefinite about, still deciding, or about to order:
-POR15 frame and internal coat (ordering soon)
-1" body lift & MML
-Tummy tuck skid
-extended brake lines
-poison spyder hood louver

I'm looking for more ideas and projects to do if anyone has recommendations I'd love to hear them.

Damn man, you're going to run out of things to do with such a thorough list!
It's a jeep though. ;) will I ever run out if things to do? I'm trying to make the things I do to the Jeep more original and done in a custom way now. I don't like following the same line as everyone else. We'll see if I can think of anything else. I'm waiting until after college to do an axle swap lockers, and regear, but I can try to get as much as I can now. I bought two new firearms this week for my collection so now it's back to saving for the money pit.

This is the bracket I made for a third rear blinder. A friend was bending brackets for air tank and one was too short, so I made use of it this way. Now to paint, mount, and wire
c0bbe7dcb792e9863408f629eb43cf04.jpg

Finally got the inner brackets on the windshield frame fixed after 3 hours of trial and error.
Light brackets mounted
935d9d498fcfbc5acb7f8cfa21c715a2.jpg

Metalcloak fender flare mounts showed up while I was working. They're now primed:
7a905fed76779cb3b104c0d4cc873b59.jpg

A-pillar LEDs that I received for free are finally installed with the "help" of my girlfriend.
Tonight my metalcloak rear fender flares are going to be put on as well.
aeb6f4597d731090f63b065a729f82cf.jpg

It's a jeep though. ;) will I ever run out if things to do? I'm trying to make the things I do to the Jeep more original and done in a custom way now. I don't like following the same line as everyone else.

I'm the polar opposite. I love having my stock LJ Rubicon because I know that Jeep designed it just the way it is and that it is arguably the most capable out-of-the-box offroad vehicle ever.

With that said, when I eventually have the money to get it modified, I'm going to do to it minor things here and there that have are tried and true. I want a lift kit that encompasses everything I'd need to ensure a near-factory ride with zero negative side effects.

It really pains me to be as poor as I am right now... but I simply can't sell my LJR or my Commander HEMI Limited 4x4 because both vehicles, in the condition they're in, are basically irreplaceable.

Reactions: Travis and joshself
where did u get new door bushings?
From TMR customs, but lots of people make them now.
If you decide to do it do not use the supplied punch- it will misalign your hinges. Take a punch and slowly chisel away at the stock brass bushings. Then clean the inner hinge with Emory cloth

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I also managed to mount my air tank and I'm extremely happy with the turnout. Please ignore my strange friend in the background of the picture.
c2cca546211a243376b4af4f96e1cc9f.jpg

I ordered my new rear bumper and have a sale lined up for my current rear bumper already.
I went with the A to Z fabrications bumper. Now I'll have rear recovery points, and I will not have to worry about my tow bar having clearance problems- the new bumper comes with a receiver I can tow with as well as a frame tie-in kit.

Another positive update: 4 jeeps have been in my garage being worked on lately off and on and it's a good way to make some extra money and jeep friends!

That air tank looks really good mounted their. Not too shabby at all!
Thanks! We'll see how it holds up. The base of the mount is clamped under the rear seat mounts and the top is bolted to the wheel well. It's pretty sturdy.