06 Wrangler TJ manual shifter console

Jcjeep

Hello all,

I have a 4.0L manual TJ with 102,000 miles. The shifter console is the leather bag type with the metal retaining ring. The ring has broken and I am unable to find a replacement anywhere.

To fix this I am considering an entire front console swap with an older model from 04 or 05 with the rubber boot. Does anyone know if the dimensions are the same or if this would work. I harvested a picture of the different types side by side from another thread and they look nearly identical other than the bolt location inside the main shifter panel. I currently have the version on top and want to swap in the one on the bottom.

Any assistance is much appreciated, thank you!

1669324172874.png

If you’re talking about the shift boot they can be found on Amazon. The plastic square that holds it into the console is also available separately on Amazon.

Those are exactly what I will use if I am able to do the swap, but I am trying to change out the entire plastic console. The rubber boot unfortunately won’t fit in my current console because the plastic housings are different sizes

Those are exactly what I will use if I am able to do the swap, but I am trying to change out the entire plastic console. The rubber boot unfortunately won’t fit in my current console because the plastic housings are different sizes

The 00-04 front half and 05-06 front halves are not interchangeable. The hole for the shifter is in a different spot.

Reactions: TheBoogieman