07 JKU Sahara transmission problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudahMyles

Driving along the highway today and it's exceptionally windy so I don't pay much attention to it feeling a little sluggish. Gets to a point where in there is no gradual acceleration and I have to pretty much punch it to go. When I'm giving it a little bit of gas, it made a weird rumbling sound almost like I was driving on rumble strips. Eventually when it takes the gas, it jumps up to 3500 rpm (almost as if I've downshifted-but it's an automatic tranny). Went on like this for about 2 minutes and suddenly the car kind of jolts and starts engine braking pretty good- I slipped it into neutral and drove it to the side of the highway. I can operate the gear shifter, but the car doesn't go in gear when I put it in R, D, 1, 2, etc. Finally got it towed to the dealer only for them to say that they got it in gear and all is good. I know this is going to be a fun problem to diagnose. Neither the "Check Engine" or the "Transmission service" light came on during any of this, or have come on since. Dealer is going to run it through the computer but was curious if anyone else has experienced a similar issue? Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.