1-Owner 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has a lot of covered up rust. My TJ rotted out in the same salt that one did. Shouldn't be too much structural damage to the frame, but I wouldn't expect too many bolts to fly right out.

Anyone notice a difference between these two photos? ;)

s-l1600 (1) 2.jpg

s-l1600 2.jpg

Reactions: skrelnik and Starrs
The muffler is new, at least in one picture. It does look like the frame was welded or patched at the skid plate and the skid was bolted back down to the uneven repaired surface. I think that's why it is curved and crazy looking. The edge of the skid should be flat.

The muffler is new, at least in one picture. It does look like the frame was welded or patched at the skid plate and the skid was bolted back down to the uneven repaired surface. I think that's why it is curved and crazy looking. The edge of the skid should be flat.

Frame is original from the factory front to back. It is wavy from rust forming under there and bending the skid.

It has seen salt, but the frame should be fine. I can't remember a single LJ frame I've seen with holes in it. IIRC, the major companies in rust repair don't even make repair sections for LJ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.