1 ton project listing or FAQ page?

I will definitely take a look at your thread, thanks for letting me know. For the longest time my thought was to stay with 35s until recently watching some of my peers go to parks like Windrock. All in all I want to build my LJ once so I have to really go through it all.
Windrock’s hard trails are definitely do able on 35s

I think a TJ on 35s can tackle damn near anything if built right. Thats on stock Dana 30 and 35/44 combo

I will definitely take a look at your thread, thanks for letting me know. For the longest time my thought was to stay with 35s until recently watching some of my peers go to parks like Windrock. All in all I want to build my LJ once so I have to really go through it all.

Ah, Windrock! That park and Slade are the ones that got my mind change from JK Dana 44's and 37's to 1-Tons and 40's.

If your intentions are go toward TN, Kentucky, Alabama I will suggest minimum of 37" tires and set the wheelbase around that size. That way you will have a rig that is not overkill for the moderate trails but will be able to hang well on the difficult trails.

I think a TJ on 35s can tackle damn near anything if built right. Thats on stock Dana 30 and 35/44 combo
There’s plenty of rockyour4x4 videos on YouTube of windrock group rides, Dixie runs, AOP (adventure off-road park) etc. There’s always one or two tj’s tagging along with either 33 or 35. They run all the same trails as the jk’s on 37s and larger. Sometimes with less effort than the jk’s.

The issue I see with one-tons is that there's way more than just one way to do it. There's a huge number of axles to choose from, among other things. Because of that, it would be hard to do a FAQ on all of it.

If I was going to do one-tons, I would use @toximus build thread as a general guide at least.

Reactions: jjvw
The issue I see with one-tons is that there's way more than just one way to do it. There's a huge number of axles to choose from, among other things. Because of that, it would be hard to do a FAQ on all of it.

If I was going to do one-tons, I would use @toximus build thread as a general guide at least.

Definitely it is more than one way to install 1-Tons in a TJ, but is not that many axle to choose from if you want to fix the issue that lead you the 1-Tons route.

A more accurate FAQ to put together will be by the axle type and maybe limited to 14 Bolt Corporate, 14 bolt AAM, Dana 60 HP King Ping (front), Dana 60 Super Duty (front and/or rear). But definitely must be based about Full Float axle type for the models above mentioned.

Reactions: Chris