117° in WA? Real men don’t need A/C

It was 78º and 88% humidity here this morning! Luckily there was a breeze.

200.gif

The house thermometer said 105 today. Holy fuck it was hot and gonna be hotter tomorrow. No AC in the house but will be turning on the whole house fan after a jeep cool down ride in a minute.

Tomorrow I am starting the day helping clear brush for a farmer before it hits the hundos. We will see how it goes!

Just got back from Hawaii and it was 85 and partly cloudy everyday.

Worked on the Jeep all day today at 107 and will be at it the rest of the week through the forecasted 110 to 117 temps too. In the shade of course but it sucks plenty.

Reactions: JMT and mushdogs
Whelp. I don’t have AC, nor do I want it. I daily drive mine and I’m pretty sure I’m not full of it. We’ll have to agree to disagree about AC.
I’m onboard with the Portland thing.
Im cool with that: agree to disagree. I'll even retract "full of it", since it may be harsh.

Im just traumatized from when I had a CJ back in College, early 90's....every rainy warm humid day in NJ w no AC was a nightmare. And it was my daily. 🤯

Reactions: mushdogs
A/C is not an oddity along the Salish Sea but they have one of the lowest percentage of A/C equipped homes. When average summer highs are in the 70's, who woulda thunk you'd need A/C. Despite being right on the Sound humidity is low. If this was MidWest or Hawaii humidity, it would be miserable not just hot. Unfortunately we are in Seattle for the heat but until now temp's have been nearly ideal.

Leave for frigid San Diego tomorrow when it's predicted to be the hottest.

Last edited:
Reactions: mushdogs
Im cool with that: agree to disagree. I'll even retract "full of it", since it may be harsh.

Im just traumatized from when I had a CJ back in College, early 90's....every rainy warm humid day in NJ w no AC was a nightmare. And it was my daily. 🤯
No worries. I wasn’t going to have to seek therapy or anything. 😂

Now, can you show us on the doll where the humidity hurt you? 🤣

Humidity sucks. I’ll take 120° dry over 90° wet any day.

• Haha
Reactions: fourpointzero
I wonder how they're defining houses with no A/C?

If we're talking central air, then you could say half the US states dont have A/C. Here in New England most of our houses and buildings are ancient, and as such dont have central air. We all use window units.

Do you guys out there not have window units? I thought it got warm enough out that way to want A/C?